[SF] Version 2.4.1: New #queryformlink function, support removed for MW 1.16

[SF] Version 2.4.1: New #queryformlink function, support removed for MW 1.16

Yaron Koren-2
Hi everyone,

Version 2.4.1 of Semantic Forms has been released. Changes and
additions in this version include:

- A new parser function, #queryformlink, was added. It works almost
exactly like #formlink, but it links to Special:RunQuery instead of
Special:FormEdit. Thanks to MWJames for the patch for this new
function.

- Support was removed for MediaWiki 1.16. This was sooner than
backward-compatibility is usually removed in Semantic Forms, since MW
1.17 only came out nine months ago; but it just became too hard to
support the Javascript for both MW 1.16 and more recent versions at
the same time. The Javascript handling changed significantly in MW
1.17, with the introduction of the ResourceLoader, and it's continuing
to change. Anyway, the fact that the ResourceLoader is now required
means that SF no longer needs to hold its own copy of the jQuery and
jQuery UI Javascript libraries, since it can now always use the copy
of those libraries contained in MediaWiki; so those libraries have now
been removed from SF. This marks the first time that Semantic Forms
doesn't contain any Javascript framework - it started out holding
script.aculo.us, and then it held YUI, and then jQuery and jQuery UI.

- There was a bunch of rearrangement of the PHP and Javascript, to
remove dependence on some deprecated MediaWiki code, and for other
reasons, done by Stephan Gambke.

- SF's namespace registration was updated, thanks to Jeroen De Dauw.

- There were various other bug fixes, contributed by Stephan Gambke and others.

As always, you can read more, and download the new version, here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms

-Yaron

Error on save with SF Version 2.4.1

Neill Mitchell
Hi.

I'm getting an error when I save a form now:

Detected bug in an extension! Hook SFFormEditAction::displayForm has
invalid call signature; Parameter 3 to renderMetaDescriptionTag()
expected to be a reference, value given

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/webapps/new_iow/includes/Wiki.php(554):
wfRunHooks('UnknownAction', Array)
#1 /var/www/webapps/new_iow/includes/Wiki.php(69):
MediaWiki->performAction(Object(OutputPage), Object(Article),
Object(Title), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#2 /var/www/webapps/new_iow/index.php(114):
MediaWiki->performRequestForTitle(Object(Title), Object(Article),
Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#3 {main}

This is with SF 2.4.1, MW 1.17.2 and the latest trunk of SMW (r113227).

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Neill.

On 07/03/12 19:32, Yaron Koren wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Version 2.4.1 of Semantic Forms has been released. Changes and
> additions in this version include:
>
> - A new parser function, #queryformlink, was added. It works almost
> exactly like #formlink, but it links to Special:RunQuery instead of
> Special:FormEdit. Thanks to MWJames for the patch for this new
> function.
>
> - Support was removed for MediaWiki 1.16. This was sooner than
> backward-compatibility is usually removed in Semantic Forms, since MW
> 1.17 only came out nine months ago; but it just became too hard to
> support the Javascript for both MW 1.16 and more recent versions at
> the same time. The Javascript handling changed significantly in MW
> 1.17, with the introduction of the ResourceLoader, and it's continuing
> to change. Anyway, the fact that the ResourceLoader is now required
> means that SF no longer needs to hold its own copy of the jQuery and
> jQuery UI Javascript libraries, since it can now always use the copy
> of those libraries contained in MediaWiki; so those libraries have now
> been removed from SF. This marks the first time that Semantic Forms
> doesn't contain any Javascript framework - it started out holding
> script.aculo.us, and then it held YUI, and then jQuery and jQuery UI.
>
> - There was a bunch of rearrangement of the PHP and Javascript, to
> remove dependence on some deprecated MediaWiki code, and for other
> reasons, done by Stephan Gambke.
>
> - SF's namespace registration was updated, thanks to Jeroen De Dauw.
>
> - There were various other bug fixes, contributed by Stephan Gambke and others.
>
> As always, you can read more, and download the new version, here:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms
>
> -Yaron

Re: Error on save with SF Version 2.4.1

Stephan Gambke-2
Hi Neill,

it's an error in the MetaDescriptionTag extension.

function renderMetaDescriptionTag( $text, $params = array(), &$parser ) {

must be replaced by

function renderMetaDescriptionTag( $text, $params = array(), $parser ) {

Cheers,
Stephan

On 7 March 2012 22:32, Neill Mitchell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm getting an error when I save a form now:
>
> Detected bug in an extension! Hook SFFormEditAction::displayForm has
> invalid call signature; Parameter 3 to renderMetaDescriptionTag()
> expected to be a reference, value given
>
> Backtrace:
>
> #0 /var/www/webapps/new_iow/includes/Wiki.php(554):
> wfRunHooks('UnknownAction', Array)
> #1 /var/www/webapps/new_iow/includes/Wiki.php(69):
> MediaWiki->performAction(Object(OutputPage), Object(Article),
> Object(Title), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
> #2 /var/www/webapps/new_iow/index.php(114):
> MediaWiki->performRequestForTitle(Object(Title), Object(Article),
> Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
> #3 {main}
>
> This is with SF 2.4.1, MW 1.17.2 and the latest trunk of SMW (r113227).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
> Neill.
>
> On 07/03/12 19:32, Yaron Koren wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Version 2.4.1 of Semantic Forms has been released. Changes and
>> additions in this version include:
>>
>> - A new parser function, #queryformlink, was added. It works almost
>> exactly like #formlink, but it links to Special:RunQuery instead of
>> Special:FormEdit. Thanks to MWJames for the patch for this new
>> function.
>>
>> - Support was removed for MediaWiki 1.16. This was sooner than
>> backward-compatibility is usually removed in Semantic Forms, since MW
>> 1.17 only came out nine months ago; but it just became too hard to
>> support the Javascript for both MW 1.16 and more recent versions at
>> the same time. The Javascript handling changed significantly in MW
>> 1.17, with the introduction of the ResourceLoader, and it's continuing
>> to change. Anyway, the fact that the ResourceLoader is now required
>> means that SF no longer needs to hold its own copy of the jQuery and
>> jQuery UI Javascript libraries, since it can now always use the copy
>> of those libraries contained in MediaWiki; so those libraries have now
>> been removed from SF. This marks the first time that Semantic Forms
>> doesn't contain any Javascript framework - it started out holding
>> script.aculo.us, and then it held YUI, and then jQuery and jQuery UI.
>>
>> - There was a bunch of rearrangement of the PHP and Javascript, to
>> remove dependence on some deprecated MediaWiki code, and for other
>> reasons, done by Stephan Gambke.
>>
>> - SF's namespace registration was updated, thanks to Jeroen De Dauw.
>>
>> - There were various other bug fixes, contributed by Stephan Gambke and others.
>>
>> As always, you can read more, and download the new version, here:
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms
>>
>> -Yaron

Re: Error on save with SF Version 2.4.1

Neill Mitchell