[SF] Version 2.5.1: Fix to Special:CreateForm, autocompletion caching added, etc.

[SF] Version 2.5.1: Fix to Special:CreateForm, autocompletion caching added, etc.

Yaron Koren-2
Hi everyone,

The latest version of Semantic Forms, 2.5.1, has been released. Changes and
additions in this version include:

- Special:CreateForm had stopped working entirely in version 2.5. This was
due to a single missing period in the code; the period has now been
re-added, and everything seems to work fine.

- Caching was added for autocompletion, so that loading up the same form
with the same autocompletion values multiple times (or, in the case of
remote autocompletion, entering the same substring multiple times) won't
require multiple queries of the SMW or MW tables. You can do that by
setting the new variables $sfgCacheAutocompleteValues and
$sfgAutocompleteCacheTimeout in LocalSettings.php. For example, you could
add the following:

$sfgCacheAutocompleteValues = true;
$sfgAutocompleteCacheTimeout = 60 * 60 * 24; // 1 day (in seconds)

Thanks to MWJames for this new feature.

- The file /includes/GlobalFunctions.php was removed, and its (minimal)
contents added to SemanticForms.php.

- In Special:CreateClass, some of the newly-added text had been hardcoded
in English; it now is displayed in the language of the wiki.

- There was one place in the code that still called the now-deprecated
method $wgUser->getSkin(); this code is now only called with older versions
of MediaWiki.

- There were a few other small bug fixes.

-Yaron

Re: [SF] Version 2.5.1: Fix to Special:CreateForm, autocompletion caching added, etc.

planetenxin
Hi Yaron and others,

many thanks for this new release!

/Alexander

Am 04.10.2012 22:41, schrieb Yaron Koren:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The latest version of Semantic Forms, 2.5.1, has been released. Changes and
> additions in this version include:
>
> - Special:CreateForm had stopped working entirely in version 2.5. This was
> due to a single missing period in the code; the period has now been
> re-added, and everything seems to work fine.
>
> - Caching was added for autocompletion, so that loading up the same form
> with the same autocompletion values multiple times (or, in the case of
> remote autocompletion, entering the same substring multiple times) won't
> require multiple queries of the SMW or MW tables. You can do that by
> setting the new variables $sfgCacheAutocompleteValues and
> $sfgAutocompleteCacheTimeout in LocalSettings.php. For example, you could
> add the following:
>
> $sfgCacheAutocompleteValues = true;
> $sfgAutocompleteCacheTimeout = 60 * 60 * 24; // 1 day (in seconds)
>
> Thanks to MWJames for this new feature.
>
> - The file /includes/GlobalFunctions.php was removed, and its (minimal)
> contents added to SemanticForms.php.
>
> - In Special:CreateClass, some of the newly-added text had been hardcoded
> in English; it now is displayed in the language of the wiki.
>
> - There was one place in the code that still called the now-deprecated
> method $wgUser->getSkin(); this code is now only called with older versions
> of MediaWiki.
>
> - There were a few other small bug fixes.
>
> -Yaron

semantic::apps by gesinn.it
Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
http://semantic-apps.com