[SF] Version 2.6.1: date inputs default to blank, etc.

[SF] Version 2.6.1: date inputs default to blank, etc.

Yaron Koren-2
Hi all,

Version 2.6.1 of Semantic Forms has been released. This version consists
mostly of bug fixes, although there are a lot of them. Changes and
additions in this version are:

- The "date" and "datetime" inputs have been changed significantly: they
used to show the current month and year by default, but now they show all
blank inputs. The advantage to this approach (besides the fact that dates
entered are not always around the present date) is that dates can now be
entered as just a year, or a combination of a month and year; before, if
the day was not entered, the form just ignored the other values in the
input.

- The Dynatree Javascript library, now used for the "category" and
"categories" input types, was fixed up - before, it gave a loading error
some of the time.

- Handling was improved for the "section" tag - if the user enters a
subsection within a "section" textarea, the form now handles it correctly
when the page is re-edited. Thanks to Himeshi De Silva for the fix.

- Remote autocompletion was fixed for properties not of type "Page".

- When the "minimum instances=" parameter is set for a template, the form
now starts with that many instances by default, instead of the parameter
just validating when the form is submitted.

- Preloading a form with another page's contents did not set the values of
date or checkbox inputs - this is fixed now.

- When only alternate forms, and not a default form, were set for a
property, it caused strange behavior when a red link using that property
was clicked. This has been fixed. Thanks to Stephan Gambke for helping with
this fix.

- Handling was fixed for templates whose names contain carets ("^").

- The Semantic Forms testing script, added in version 2.6, was fixed;
thanks to Yussuf Khalil for the fix. (A Google Code-In student! Under the
supervision of Himeshi De Silva.)

- SF's role in the Page Schemas extension was significantly improved. You
can now generate templates that use #subobject, when the Semantic Internal
Objects extension is not installed; and there were some bug fixes for
template creation in general.

- In some cases, fields that were hidden due to the use of "show on select"
were also getting their contents validated, which is never a good idea.
This has (I believe) been fixed now.

- Support was improved for Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.

- Support was removed for MediaWiki 1.17.

You can read more about Semantic Forms, and get the latest version, here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms

-Yaron

Bug with "minimum instances"? - was Re: [SF] Version 2.6.1: date inputs default to blank, etc.

Ralf Krüdewagen
Hi Yaron,

I think that there is a critical bug within the new version when using
"minimum instances". In short: Any subobject created by multiple instances is
not properly stored, existing content is deleted.

- I have upgraded from 2.6 to 2.6.1
- I am running SMW 1.8.x

I have changed my form to have "minimum instances =1" in order to use the new
feature that the form for the 1st instance is initially loaded. "maximum
instances=" is NOT set. But if I save the page, all data associated to the
multiple instance template is lost. Even more critical: Existing entries are
deleted. My form is using subobjects for the multiple instance data.

When I remove "minimum instances =1" from the form everything works. Did I
miss something or is this a bug introduced by your "minimum instances"
changes?

Example:
https://www.kruedewagen.de/wiki/Glossary_Page_1

Cheers
Ralf

On Thursday 02 January 2014 Yaron Koren wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Version 2.6.1 of Semantic Forms has been released. This version consists
> mostly of bug fixes, although there are a lot of them. Changes and
> additions in this version are:
>
> - The "date" and "datetime" inputs have been changed significantly: they
> used to show the current month and year by default, but now they show all
> blank inputs. The advantage to this approach (besides the fact that dates
> entered are not always around the present date) is that dates can now be
> entered as just a year, or a combination of a month and year; before, if
> the day was not entered, the form just ignored the other values in the
> input.
>
> - The Dynatree Javascript library, now used for the "category" and
> "categories" input types, was fixed up - before, it gave a loading error
> some of the time.
>
> - Handling was improved for the "section" tag - if the user enters a
> subsection within a "section" textarea, the form now handles it correctly
> when the page is re-edited. Thanks to Himeshi De Silva for the fix.
>
> - Remote autocompletion was fixed for properties not of type "Page".
>
> - When the "minimum instances=" parameter is set for a template, the form
> now starts with that many instances by default, instead of the parameter
> just validating when the form is submitted.
>
> - Preloading a form with another page's contents did not set the values of
> date or checkbox inputs - this is fixed now.
>
> - When only alternate forms, and not a default form, were set for a
> property, it caused strange behavior when a red link using that property
> was clicked. This has been fixed. Thanks to Stephan Gambke for helping with
> this fix.
>
> - Handling was fixed for templates whose names contain carets ("^").
>
> - The Semantic Forms testing script, added in version 2.6, was fixed;
> thanks to Yussuf Khalil for the fix. (A Google Code-In student! Under the
> supervision of Himeshi De Silva.)
>
> - SF's role in the Page Schemas extension was significantly improved. You
> can now generate templates that use #subobject, when the Semantic Internal
> Objects extension is not installed; and there were some bug fixes for
> template creation in general.
>
> - In some cases, fields that were hidden due to the use of "show on select"
> were also getting their contents validated, which is never a good idea.
> This has (I believe) been fixed now.
>
> - Support was improved for Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.
>
> - Support was removed for MediaWiki 1.17.
>
> You can read more about Semantic Forms, and get the latest version, here:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms
>
> -Yaron

Re: Bug with "minimum instances"? - was Re: [SF] Version 2.6.1: date inputs default to blank, etc.

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Ralf,

Whoops, that's pretty bad! I should have tested more. Thanks for finding
the problem, and sorry about that. I believe I just fixed the problem in
Git - you can either get the code from there, or apply the fix locally by
replicating this:

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/105184/1/includes/SF_FormPrinter.php,unified

(It's a one-line fix.)

Assuming that works, and assuming there are no other major problems, I'll
probably release both SF and Semantic Bundle again at some point soon.

-Yaron

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 6:29 AM, Ralf Krüdewagen
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > - SF's role in the Page Schemas extension was significantly improved. You
> > can now generate templates that use #subobject, when the Semantic
> Internal
> > Objects extension is not installed; and there were some bug fixes for
> > template creation in general.
> >
> > - In some cases, fields that were hidden due to the use of "show on
> select"
> > were also getting their contents validated, which is never a good idea.
> > This has (I believe) been fixed now.
> >
> > - Support was improved for Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.
> >
> > - Support was removed for MediaWiki 1.17.
> >
> > You can read more about Semantic Forms, and get the latest version, here:
> >
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms
> >
> > -Yaron

Re: Bug with "minimum instances"? - was Re: [SF] Version 2.6.1: date inputs default to blank, etc.

yeah, that missing line fixed the problem :-)

Thanks.
Ralf

On Friday 03 January 2014 Yaron Koren wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > - SF's role in the Page Schemas extension was significantly improved.
> > > You
> > > can now generate templates that use #subobject, when the Semantic
> >
> > Internal
> >
> > > Objects extension is not installed; and there were some bug fixes for
> > > template creation in general.
> > >
> > > - In some cases, fields that were hidden due to the use of "show on
> >
> > select"
> >
> > > were also getting their contents validated, which is never a good idea.
> > > This has (I believe) been fixed now.
> > >
> > > - Support was improved for Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.
> > >
> > > - Support was removed for MediaWiki 1.17.
> > >
> > > You can read more about Semantic Forms, and get the latest version,
> > > here:
> > >
> > > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms
> > >
> > > -Yaron

Re: [SF] Version 2.6.1: date inputs default to blank, etc.

Neill Mitchell
Another great release! Thanks to all involved.

A quick question if I may, I assume you can still set default=now on
date fields?

Thanks.
On 02/01/14 21:31, Yaron Koren wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Version 2.6.1 of Semantic Forms has been released. This version consists
> mostly of bug fixes, although there are a lot of them. Changes and
> additions in this version are:
>
> - The "date" and "datetime" inputs have been changed significantly: they
> used to show the current month and year by default, but now they show all
> blank inputs. The advantage to this approach (besides the fact that dates
> entered are not always around the present date) is that dates can now be
> entered as just a year, or a combination of a month and year; before, if
> the day was not entered, the form just ignored the other values in the
> input.
>
> - The Dynatree Javascript library, now used for the "category" and
> "categories" input types, was fixed up - before, it gave a loading error
> some of the time.
>
> - Handling was improved for the "section" tag - if the user enters a
> subsection within a "section" textarea, the form now handles it correctly
> when the page is re-edited. Thanks to Himeshi De Silva for the fix.
>
> - Remote autocompletion was fixed for properties not of type "Page".
>
> - When the "minimum instances=" parameter is set for a template, the form
> now starts with that many instances by default, instead of the parameter
> just validating when the form is submitted.
>
> - Preloading a form with another page's contents did not set the values of
> date or checkbox inputs - this is fixed now.
>
> - When only alternate forms, and not a default form, were set for a
> property, it caused strange behavior when a red link using that property
> was clicked. This has been fixed. Thanks to Stephan Gambke for helping with
> this fix.
>
> - Handling was fixed for templates whose names contain carets ("^").
>
> - The Semantic Forms testing script, added in version 2.6, was fixed;
> thanks to Yussuf Khalil for the fix. (A Google Code-In student! Under the
> supervision of Himeshi De Silva.)
>
> - SF's role in the Page Schemas extension was significantly improved. You
> can now generate templates that use #subobject, when the Semantic Internal
> Objects extension is not installed; and there were some bug fixes for
> template creation in general.
>
> - In some cases, fields that were hidden due to the use of "show on select"
> were also getting their contents validated, which is never a good idea.
> This has (I believe) been fixed now.
>
> - Support was improved for Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.
>
> - Support was removed for MediaWiki 1.17.
>
> You can read more about Semantic Forms, and get the latest version, here:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms
>
> -Yaron

Re: [SF] Version 2.6.1: date inputs default to blank, etc.

Yaron Koren-2
Hi,

Yes.

-Yaron

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Neill Mitchell <[hidden email]>wrote:

> [...]
> > supervision of Himeshi De Silva.)
> >
> > - SF's role in the Page Schemas extension was significantly improved. You
> > can now generate templates that use #subobject, when the Semantic
> Internal
> > Objects extension is not installed; and there were some bug fixes for
> > template creation in general.
> >
> > - In some cases, fields that were hidden due to the use of "show on
> select"
> > were also getting their contents validated, which is never a good idea.
> > This has (I believe) been fixed now.
> >
> > - Support was improved for Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.
> >
> > - Support was removed for MediaWiki 1.17.
> >
> > You can read more about Semantic Forms, and get the latest version, here:
> >
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms
> >
> > -Yaron

Re: [SF] Version 2.6.1: date inputs default to blank, etc.

Great. Thanks for confirming Yaron.