[SF] Version 2.7: "tree" input type, etc.

[SF] Version 2.7: "tree" input type, etc.

Yaron Koren-2
Hi all,

Version 2.7 of Semantic Forms has been released. This version has the
following changes and additions:

- A new input type, "tree", was added. It replaces the "category" and
"categories" input types, which still exist but are now deprecated.
Basically, you can now have a hierarchical, tree-style display for any set
of values, not just category names.

The set of parameters for this new input type is similar to those of
"category" and "categories", except for a new parameter, "structure" (the
idea for which was borrowed from the "menuselect" input type in the
Semantic Forms Inputs extension). You would pass in to "structure" a set of
wikitext representing a hierarchy, like so:

{{{field|Genre|input type=tree|structure=*Drama
**Historical drama
*Science fiction
**Space opera
***Planetary romance
**Cyberpunk
...etc.
}}}

I think this is a positive development, first because it allows for many
more options for entering hierarchical data, and second because the
"category" and "categories" input types were somewhat awkward anyway - they
were the only input types that were based on MediaWiki-specific constructs.

Thanks to Adelaidepedia for funding this feature.

- The "Preview" button was fixed for pages in namespaces other than the
main one. Thanks to someone on IRC for the fix; I can't remember who. :)

- The creation of templates was improved when using the Page Schemas
extension - I've been working a fair amount on trying to make Page Schemas
easier to understand and more comprehensive. As part of the work, there is
now a dedicated class to handle creating templates, SFTemplate.

- There were various other bug fixes.

You can read more about Semantic Forms, and download the latest version,
here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms

-Yaron

Re: [SF] Version 2.7: "tree" input type, etc.

Yaron Koren-2
Hi,

I realize I probably should have included the full set of bug fixes in this
version. So, here are the rest:

- Form-based links to missing (red-linked) pages were fixed for pages that
contain special characters, like "(".

- When a form was preloaded using "preload=", the "listbox" and
"checkboxes" inputs were not getting set; this has been fixed.

- When using SMW 1.9, Javascript-based result formats did not work fully in
Special:RunQuery; this has been fixed now.

-Yaron