[SF] Wizard like forms with modified 'standard input' to 'save&edit'

[SF] Wizard like forms with modified 'standard input' to 'save&edit'

planetenxin
Hello,

I'd like to create a 2-step form input (like a wizard) with a single simple entry point.

I have
- one category/form/template for step 1
- several categories/froms/templates for step 2

In step 1, some fields with master data as well as a category are defined.
In step 2, I'd like to add some more specific data that depends on the category choosen in step 1.

Example:
0. Click 'Add Product'.
1. Enter the master data for 'a product'. Select that the product is a 'personal computer'.
2. Enter details for 'personal computer' in step 2.

Questions:
A) Is there a way to create a new/modified Semantic Froms "standard input" that will send the form and open the page in "edit with form" mode again?

B) Am I right that currently the form tag is 'static' (<form name="createbox" id="sfForm" action="" method="post" class="createbox">)? -> SF_FormEdit.php

C) Are there other ways to achive this?
   - 'Show on select' (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms#Form_markup_language) might be an option but the forms in step 2 are very complex.
   - The 'two-step-process' (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms#The_two-step_process) might be an option, but how to show only certain forms: '[...] letting the user choose among all existing forms.'

Help or any other ideas are very welcome.

/planetenxin
Empfehlen Sie WEB.DE DSL Ihren Freunden und Bekannten und wir
belohnen Sie mit bis zu 50,- Euro! https://freundschaftswerbung.web.de

Re: [SF] Wizard like forms with modified 'standard input' to 'save&edit'

Yaron Koren
Hi,

My suggestion would be to have multiple forms, one for each product type,
and just have people select from one of those forms in the beginning. If
you're worried about having the same set of fields at the beginning of each
of those forms (and templates), you can actually move that duplicated stuff
into their own templates, to reduce redundancy - see here:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms#Reusing_form_elements

-Yaron

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Alexander Gesinn <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to create a 2-step form input (like a wizard) with a single simple
> entry point.
>
> I have
> - one category/form/template for step 1
> - several categories/froms/templates for step 2
>
> In step 1, some fields with master data as well as a category are defined.
> In step 2, I'd like to add some more specific data that depends on the
> category choosen in step 1.
>
> Example:
> 0. Click 'Add Product'.
> 1. Enter the master data for 'a product'. Select that the product is a
> 'personal computer'.
> 2. Enter details for 'personal computer' in step 2.
>
> Questions:
> A) Is there a way to create a new/modified Semantic Froms "standard input"
> that will send the form and open the page in "edit with form" mode again?
>
> B) Am I right that currently the form tag is 'static' (<form
> name="createbox" id="sfForm" action="" method="post" class="createbox">)? ->
> SF_FormEdit.php
>
> C) Are there other ways to achive this?
>   - 'Show on select' (
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms#Form_markup_language)
> might be an option but the forms in step 2 are very complex.
>   - The 'two-step-process' (
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms#The_two-step_process)
> might be an option, but how to show only certain forms: '[...] letting the
> user choose among all existing forms.'
>
> Help or any other ideas are very welcome.
>
> /planetenxin
> Empfehlen Sie WEB.DE DSL Ihren Freunden und Bekannten und wir
> belohnen Sie mit bis zu 50,- Euro! https://freundschaftswerbung.web.de

Re: [SF] Wizard like forms with modified 'standard input' to 'save&edit'

planetenxin
Hi Yaron,

thanks for your fast reply. I'm aware of reusing form elements. But this technique does not exactly fit the desired workflow.

With reusing form elements, I need a lot of 'entry points' to start the process of adding products. Like 'Add personal computer', 'add display' and so on.
I tried to create a workflow with only one entry point 'Add product'. My first attempt was the two-step-process but that does not give me the ability to limit the forms displayed in the select form dropdown.

The workflow should look like this:

Add product -> Select product type -> Enter master data -> 'Click next' -> Enter details -> 'Finish'

What I do right now is adding a product, select product type, enter master data and _SAVE_ (the category is assigned). I edit again and due to the assigned category the form for adding product details opens...

Maybe there's a simple solution and I just don't see it ;-)

/planetenxin

---------------------
My suggestion would be to have multiple forms, one for each product type, and just have people select from one of those forms in the beginning. If you're worried about having the same set of fields at the beginning of each of those forms (and templates), you can actually move that duplicated stuff into their own templates, to reduce redundancy - see here:

[http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms#Reusing_form_elements]

-Yaron
WEB.DE DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt mit
gratis Handy-Flat! http://produkte.web.de/go/DSL_Doppel_Flatrate/2

Re: [SF] Wizard like forms with modified 'standard input' to 'save&edit'

Yaron Koren
Hi,

No, as far as I know, what you're asking about isn't possible.

-Yaron