[SF] plans on integrating VisualEditor with Semantic Forms

[SF] plans on integrating VisualEditor with Semantic Forms

Yury Katkov
Hi Yaron!

So Visual Editor is now working on Wikipedias and that means that it's mature enough and its code is less likely to dramatically change over time. The same follows from the Roadmap [1].  Yaron, do you have any plans on integrating VisualEditor with Semantic Forms?

I address the same question to other developers: if you have intentions to integrat SF and VE, maybe we can work together?

-----
Yury Katkov, WikiVote

Re: [SF] plans on integrating VisualEditor with Semantic Forms

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Yury,

I would definitely like to see SF support VisualEditor, whether it's me or someone else adding that support. I wasn't aware that VisualEditor was being used yet on Wikipedia (other than I guess in demo areas), or even that it was in a usable state. Where is it being used?

-Yaron

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Yury Katkov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Yaron!

So Visual Editor is now working on Wikipedias and that means that it's mature enough and its code is less likely to dramatically change over time. The same follows from the Roadmap [1].  Yaron, do you have any plans on integrating VisualEditor with Semantic Forms?

I address the same question to other developers: if you have intentions to integrat SF and VE, maybe we can work together?

-----
Yury Katkov, WikiVote

Re: [SF] plans on integrating VisualEditor with Semantic Forms

Yury Katkov
It's now enabled on 15 language wikis and on mediawiki.org

Go to Special:Settings to enable it.

-----
Yury Katkov, WikiVote

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Yaron Koren <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ah! I guess I had seen that before, actually, but then had forgotten about it. I tried it out - VisualEditor definitely seems to have some problems handling template calls (not even editing them, which it can't do yet, but just treating them normally when you modify the text around them); but then again, if forms are being used, there's a reasonable chance that there won't be any template calls in the free text, so it's probably not a big deal.

So, to answer your question again, I still have no immediate plans to add VisualEditor support, but it's definitely something I'd like to see happen.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Yury Katkov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

thingles
here is the list of sites it is on (please ignore the v.1.20 items, that isn't the same extension and I'm working on a fix that will separate those):

Jamie Thingelstad
mobile: 612-810-3699
find me on <a class="url" href="aim:addbuddy?screenname=jthingelstad">AIM Twitter Facebook LinkedIn