[SMMWriter] smwwritable does not return properties

[SMMWriter] smwwritable does not return properties

planetenxin
Hi,

I'm playing a little bit with SMWWriter (r102403). When I query a page
with some properties, smwwritable returns:

<api><smwwriteable title="Alexander Gesinn" result="Success" /></api>

I do not get a list of properties of that page. Did I miss something?

/Alexander

Re: [SMMWriter] smwwritable does not return properties

Samuel Lampa-3
Hi Alexander!

What version of SMW are you using?

I don't think SMWWriter (as well as the POM extension it depends on) are
updated to SMW 1.6. At least when trying to write things (which RDFIO
currently/previously did via SMWWriter), I got multiple errors in both
extensions.

If someone would update them to work with SMW 1.6, that would be great.

If no one else does, I have been thinking about how SMWWriter could be
aligned with the new version of RDFIO I develop now (only available on
GitHub [1] while developing), which uses the Wiki Object Model extension
directly [2], instead of SMWWriter/POM, for writing, (since it enables
things like writing multiple facts on a page in one go, which
SMWWriter/POM did not do).

SMWWriter has the very nice API functionality though, so I have been
thinking that one idea could be that it uses RDFIO/WOM as a dependency,
to add this functionality. (If not Denny has other opinions).

[1] https://github.com/samuell/RDFIO2
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wiki_Object_Model

Cheers,
// Samuel

On 11/08/2011 06:23 PM, planetenxin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm playing a little bit with SMWWriter (r102403). When I query a page
> with some properties, smwwritable returns:
>
> <api><smwwriteable title="Alexander Gesinn" result="Success" /></api>
>
> I do not get a list of properties of that page. Did I miss something?
>
> /Alexander

Samuel Lampa
---------------------------------------
  Bioinformatician @ Uppsala University
    Blog: http://saml.rilspace.org

Re: [SMMWriter] smwwritable does not return properties

planetenxin
Hi Samuel,

I have a more or less old setup with MW 1.16.1 and SMW 1.5.5 here.

I'm talking to SMW with Pentaho Data Integration using the API. Together
with Spoon (Pentaho's graphical editor), this is a nice way to do data
integration with SMW.

smwwritable would be a good interface to get the list of properties. Of
course I can do this 'manually' querying the article text using the MW
API and then parsing this text using Pentaho to find all annotations.
But I do not really like this idea to create parsing functionality
outside SMW.

WOM API was a good hint. I'll have a look at this.

/Alexander

http://www.semantic-apps.com

Am 08.11.2011 20:01, schrieb Samuel Lampa:

> Hi Alexander!
>
> What version of SMW are you using?
>
> I don't think SMWWriter (as well as the POM extension it depends on)
> are updated to SMW 1.6. At least when trying to write things (which
> RDFIO currently/previously did via SMWWriter), I got multiple errors
> in both extensions.
>
> If someone would update them to work with SMW 1.6, that would be great.
>
> If no one else does, I have been thinking about how SMWWriter could be
> aligned with the new version of RDFIO I develop now (only available on
> GitHub [1] while developing), which uses the Wiki Object Model
> extension directly [2], instead of SMWWriter/POM, for writing, (since
> it enables things like writing multiple facts on a page in one go,
> which SMWWriter/POM did not do).
>
> SMWWriter has the very nice API functionality though, so I have been
> thinking that one idea could be that it uses RDFIO/WOM as a
> dependency, to add this functionality. (If not Denny has other opinions).
>
> [1] https://github.com/samuell/RDFIO2
> [2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wiki_Object_Model
>
> Cheers,
> // Samuel
>
> On 11/08/2011 06:23 PM, planetenxin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm playing a little bit with SMWWriter (r102403). When I query a page
>> with some properties, smwwritable returns:
>>
>> <api><smwwriteable title="Alexander Gesinn" result="Success" /></api>
>>
>> I do not get a list of properties of that page. Did I miss something?
>>
>> /Alexander

Re: [SMMWriter] smwwritable does not return properties

Samuel Lampa-3
Yes, WOM seems really nice, from what I tested so far!

JFYI, There is some code for grabbing properties/facts in the new RDFIO
[1] version (ongoing work), in case you find any use of it!

Cheers
// Samuel

[1]
https://github.com/samuell/RDFIO2/blob/master/classes/RDFIO_SMWDataImporter.php#L31

On 11/09/2011 08:50 AM, planetenxin wrote:

> Hi Samuel,
>
> I have a more or less old setup with MW 1.16.1 and SMW 1.5.5 here.
>
> I'm talking to SMW with Pentaho Data Integration using the API. Together
> with Spoon (Pentaho's graphical editor), this is a nice way to do data
> integration with SMW.
>
> smwwritable would be a good interface to get the list of properties. Of
> course I can do this 'manually' querying the article text using the MW
> API and then parsing this text using Pentaho to find all annotations.
> But I do not really like this idea to create parsing functionality
> outside SMW.
>
> WOM API was a good hint. I'll have a look at this.
>
> /Alexander
>
> http://www.semantic-apps.com
>
> Am 08.11.2011 20:01, schrieb Samuel Lampa:
>> Hi Alexander!
>>
>> What version of SMW are you using?
>>
>> I don't think SMWWriter (as well as the POM extension it depends on)
>> are updated to SMW 1.6. At least when trying to write things (which
>> RDFIO currently/previously did via SMWWriter), I got multiple errors
>> in both extensions.
>>
>> If someone would update them to work with SMW 1.6, that would be great.
>>
>> If no one else does, I have been thinking about how SMWWriter could be
>> aligned with the new version of RDFIO I develop now (only available on
>> GitHub [1] while developing), which uses the Wiki Object Model
>> extension directly [2], instead of SMWWriter/POM, for writing, (since
>> it enables things like writing multiple facts on a page in one go,
>> which SMWWriter/POM did not do).
>>
>> SMWWriter has the very nice API functionality though, so I have been
>> thinking that one idea could be that it uses RDFIO/WOM as a
>> dependency, to add this functionality. (If not Denny has other opinions).
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/samuell/RDFIO2
>> [2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wiki_Object_Model
>>
>> Cheers,
>> // Samuel
>>
>> On 11/08/2011 06:23 PM, planetenxin wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm playing a little bit with SMWWriter (r102403). When I query a page
>>> with some properties, smwwritable returns:
>>>
>>> <api><smwwriteable title="Alexander Gesinn" result="Success" /></api>
>>>
>>> I do not get a list of properties of that page. Did I miss something?
>>>
>>> /Alexander

Samuel Lampa