[SMW] CSV format not honoring limit parameter

[SMW] CSV format not honoring limit parameter

Emmanuel Décarie
Hello,

MediaWiki 1.20.6 (ddc3327)
PHP 5.4.7 (fpm-fcgi)
MySQL 5.5.28-log

SemanticBundle version 1.8.0.4

I'm a little bit new to Semantic MediaWiki and from what I gather, CSV format if coming from the core of SMW.

Anyway, here's my problem.

I have many queries where the "limit" parameter is not honored. It always default to 100. Even if I changed it to 10 or 1000.

Here's an example of such a query:

{{#ask: [[Catégorie:Local]]
|? Est attribué à l unité
|format=csv
|limit=1000
}}

The only way to change the limit is to directly hack the file:
SemanticMediawiki/includes/queryprinters/SMW_QP_CSV.php

Am I missing something here?

Are others seeing the same thing?

Thanks!

Cheers
-Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Décarie / Programmation pour le Web - Programming for the Web
scriptdigital.com - lettre13.com - AIM: scriptdigital - twitter: @emmanu - Skype: emmanueldecarie

Re: [SMW] CSV format not honoring limit parameter

lbillett
Emmanuel Décarie wrote
I have many queries where the "limit" parameter is not honored. It always default to 100. Even if I changed it to 10 or 1000.
I was seeing this behavior in SMW 2.1. I needed something on the order of 2000-4000 rows to come back. On going to sandbox to verify, found this article on the subject [1]. I knew I had bumped up our $smwgQMaxInlineLimit a few years ago, but on review I had only increased it to 1000. Bumping it up to 5000 solved my issue.

Setting the limit to lower values (ie 10) did seem to work for me fine. Maybe this is another issue.

lpab

[1] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Issue/2474

Re: [SMW] CSV format not honoring limit parameter

James HK
Hi

I would point out that:

> MediaWiki 1.20.6 (ddc3327)

Using 1.20.6 is somewhat dated, please have a look at [0], especially
on the issue of security in case your instance is accessible from the
Internet.

> SemanticBundle version 1.8.0.4

Semantic MediaWiki 1.8.0.4 has long been retired, the version is no
longer in maintenance and is not expected to work with any recent
MediaWiki version. For more information, see [1].

> https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Issue/2474

+1

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle

[1] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Compatibility