SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked

stefahn
I installed SMW 1.9.2 without shell access.
I can add a property to a page and it shows up in Special:Browse.
However I can't create properties.
When I enter Property:xy it redirects me to :xy (without "Property").

When I check
domain.com/mediawiki/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=namespaces
I don't see any SMW namespaces.
(Semantic Forms namespaces are there, but no SMW namespaces)

On Special:Properties all properties show up as "NO_VALID_VALUE" -
see this screenshot: http://awesomescreenshot.com/02937tlw6a

I ran both functions on Special:SMWAdmin - but that doesn't solve the
problem.
I disabled all custom namespaces to make sure they don't interfere with
the SMW namespaces.
I disabled all extensions except SMW.
I'm facing this issue both on a brand new 1.23.1 MediaWiki install and
on an old install that I updated to 1.23.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stefan

PS: I guess the issue might be related to my no-shell-access-install...

Re: SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked

stefahn
Does no one have a clue how to fix this?

Re: SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked

kghbln
Heiya Stefan,

I am puzzled by this, too and I do not really know why this happens or
may happen. Are you only putting just the enableSemantics into your
"LocalSettings.php" file ( this should be ok), or also the classic
invocation? If yes, remove the latter. Though I think that you have done
this part right.

Only one other thing currently comes to my mind: If you have something like

$smwgDefaultStore  =  'SMWSQLStore2';

in your "LocalSettings.php" file then you are still trying to use the
now unsupported Store2. You should then remove this line and rebuild the
semantic store with Store3. This is actually the only thing that comes
to my mind which may be wrong. Still I would expect the wiki going
totally berserk and not "just" as described.

Cheers Karsten

Am 27.07.2014 um 11:58 schrieb Stefan Seidner:

> I installed SMW 1.9.2 without shell access.
> I can add a property to a page and it shows up in Special:Browse.
> However I can't create properties.
> When I enter Property:xy it redirects me to :xy (without "Property").
>
> When I check
> domain.com/mediawiki/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=namespaces
> I don't see any SMW namespaces.
> (Semantic Forms namespaces are there, but no SMW namespaces)
>
> On Special:Properties all properties show up as "NO_VALID_VALUE" -
> see this screenshot: http://awesomescreenshot.com/02937tlw6a
>
> I ran both functions on Special:SMWAdmin - but that doesn't solve the
> problem.
> I disabled all custom namespaces to make sure they don't interfere with
> the SMW namespaces.
> I disabled all extensions except SMW.
> I'm facing this issue both on a brand new 1.23.1 MediaWiki install and
> on an old install that I updated to 1.23.1.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan
>
> PS: I guess the issue might be related to my no-shell-access-install...

Re: SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked

stefahn

Thanks for your help Karsten.

Today I found out that the extension ConfirmEdit is causing the problem.
If I disable ConfirmEdit my SMW namespace problem disappears -
that means I can see all properties on Special:Properties and I can create new properties.

Is this a known problem between ConfirmEdit and SMW 1.9.2?

Thanks,
Stefan

PS: I also tried it with the latest ConfirmEdit version (master) but no luck.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:29:00 +0200
From: "[[kgh]]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Semediawiki-user] SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked
To: [hidden email]

Heiya Stefan,

I am puzzled by this, too and I do not really know why this happens or
may happen. Are you only putting just the enableSemantics into your
"LocalSettings.php" file ( this should be ok), or also the classic
invocation? If yes, remove the latter. Though I think that you have done
this part right.

Only one other thing currently comes to my mind: If you have something like

$smwgDefaultStore  =  'SMWSQLStore2';

in your "LocalSettings.php" file then you are still trying to use the
now unsupported Store2. You should then remove this line and rebuild the
semantic store with Store3. This is actually the only thing that comes
to my mind which may be wrong. Still I would expect the wiki going
totally berserk and not "just" as described.

Cheers Karsten

Am 27.07.2014 um 11:58 schrieb Stefan Seidner:

>> I installed SMW 1.9.2 without shell access.
>> I can add a property to a page and it shows up in Special:Browse.
>> However I can't create properties.
>> When I enter Property:xy it redirects me to :xy (without "Property").
>>
>> When I check
>> domain.com/mediawiki/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=namespaces
>> I don't see any SMW namespaces.
>> (Semantic Forms namespaces are there, but no SMW namespaces)
>>
>> On Special:Properties all properties show up as "NO_VALID_VALUE" -
>> see this screenshot: http://awesomescreenshot.com/02937tlw6a
>>
>> I ran both functions on Special:SMWAdmin - but that doesn't solve the
>> problem.
>> I disabled all custom namespaces to make sure they don't interfere with
>> the SMW namespaces.
>> I disabled all extensions except SMW.
>> I'm facing this issue both on a brand new 1.23.1 MediaWiki install and
>> on an old install that I updated to 1.23.1.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stefan
>>
>> PS: I guess the issue might be related to my no-shell-access-install...

Re: SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked

kghbln
Heiya Stefan,

well, I was not much of a help here. However the cause of the problem
comes unexpectedly, at least for me. I am using ConfirmEdit
(v1.3.0-e921daf) of 20140509 on a MW 1.23.2 instance with SMW 2.1-alpha
without worries. Probably it is one of the CAPTCHA classes causing the
issue. QuestyCaptcha works fine for me. I believe detailed error logging
will show the transgressing code.

Cheers Karsten

Am 20.08.2014 um 16:00 schrieb Stefan Seidner:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your help Karsten.
>
> Today I found out that the extension ConfirmEdit is causing the problem.
> If I disable ConfirmEdit my SMW namespace problem disappears -
> that means I can see all properties on Special:Properties and I can create new properties.
>
> Is this a known problem between ConfirmEdit and SMW 1.9.2?
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan
>
> PS: I also tried it with the latest ConfirmEdit version (master) but no luck.
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:29:00 +0200
> From: "[[kgh]]"<[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Semediawiki-user] SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked
> To:[hidden email]
>
> Heiya Stefan,
>
> I am puzzled by this, too and I do not really know why this happens or
> may happen. Are you only putting just the enableSemantics into your
> "LocalSettings.php" file ( this should be ok), or also the classic
> invocation? If yes, remove the latter. Though I think that you have done
> this part right.
>
> Only one other thing currently comes to my mind: If you have something like
>
> $smwgDefaultStore  =  'SMWSQLStore2';
>
> in your "LocalSettings.php" file then you are still trying to use the
> now unsupported Store2. You should then remove this line and rebuild the
> semantic store with Store3. This is actually the only thing that comes
> to my mind which may be wrong. Still I would expect the wiki going
> totally berserk and not "just" as described.
>
> Cheers Karsten
>

> Am 27.07.2014 um 11:58 schrieb Stefan Seidner:
>>> I installed SMW 1.9.2 without shell access.
>>> I can add a property to a page and it shows up in Special:Browse.
>>> However I can't create properties.
>>> When I enter Property:xy it redirects me to :xy (without "Property").
>>>
>>> When I check
>>> domain.com/mediawiki/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=namespaces
>>> I don't see any SMW namespaces.
>>> (Semantic Forms namespaces are there, but no SMW namespaces)
>>>
>>> On Special:Properties all properties show up as "NO_VALID_VALUE" -
>>> see this screenshot:http://awesomescreenshot.com/02937tlw6a
>>>
>>> I ran both functions on Special:SMWAdmin - but that doesn't solve the
>>> problem.
>>> I disabled all custom namespaces to make sure they don't interfere with
>>> the SMW namespaces.
>>> I disabled all extensions except SMW.
>>> I'm facing this issue both on a brand new 1.23.1 MediaWiki install and
>>> on an old install that I updated to 1.23.1.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Stefan
>>>
>>> PS: I guess the issue might be related to my no-shell-access-install...

Re: SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked

jpadfield
Hi, I have just updated a Mediawiki installation to the current development version, I'm working on a project using the visual editor, and I seem to have come across a similar problem. The "Property:" namespace seems to have disappeared.

I have checked and I do not have the confirmedit extension installed.  I have tried tuning off most of the extensions other than the SM ones, but it does not seem to help.

MediaWiki 1.27.0-alpha (929fad3)
Semantic MediaWiki 2.3.1

I was wondering how I might best start to track this bug down ? Is Semantic Mediawiki not properly compatible with 1.27 yet ? It all seemed to be working with a previous version of the 1.27 and an earlier version of SM?

Thanks

Joe Padfield

Re: SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked

jpadfield
As an update, I have tested the same set-up with Mediawiki 1.26.2 and it works well, so the issue is something to do with developments in 1.27

Thanks

Re: SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked

James HK
Hi,

> works well, so the issue is something to do with developments in 1.27

Please have a look at [0].

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues/1424

Cheers

On 3/2/16, jpadfield <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As an update, I have tested the same set-up with Mediawiki 1.26.2 and it
> works well, so the issue is something to do with developments in 1.27
>
> Thanks

Re: SMW Namespaces seem to be blocked

jpadfield
Thanks :-)