Quantcast

SMW + PageSchemas, No Default/Alt Form for Properties?

SMW + PageSchemas, No Default/Alt Form for Properties?

adam.levine
I'm trying to create a Master->Detail->Subdetail.  For the most part, I'm getting the hang of using PageSchemas.  Alas, I have a few issues

1:When I create a Property:Page that has an associated form, it does not appear that the "has default" or "has alternate" form pieces are added to the property text.   Am I missing a setting somewhere, misunderstanding something, or does that not exist?

Simple XML:

<PageSchema>
  <semanticforms_Form name="MyItemForm">
    <CreateTitle>New Item</CreateTitle>
    <EditTitle>Edit Item</EditTitle>
  </semanticforms_Form>
  <Template name="ItemTemplate" format="standard">
    <Field name="ItemName">
      <Label>Name</Label>
      <semanticmediawiki_Property name="">
        <Type>Page</Type>
      </semanticmediawiki_Property>
      <semanticforms_FormInput/>
    </Field>
  </Template>
</PageSchema>

When I run "Generate Pages", and select all, what I get for Property:ItemName is:

This is a property of type [[Has type::Page]].

I would expect to also see a "has default form" in that definition.

I know I can manually add that line, but I'm afraid if the Property is carelessly regenerated that the Form line will go away.

2:Small issue: I was watching the screencast on using SWM/PS located at:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3VNRvt4G6w

There appear to be some additional UI controls relating to summary/extra text.  I saw mention in a thread that they were to be gifted back to Ankit and Yaron, but I've just pulled the most recent HEAD from git ( https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/gitweb?p=mediawiki/extensions/PageSchemas.git;a=snapshot;h=9ddf923e6b3525dd7888b50cddc19925e5bebd86;sf=tgz ), and do not see those UI changes.  Were they ever gifted back?

Thank you in advance for any help and insight you may provide!  I'm near bald at this point.

Relevant Version and Extensions
-------------------------------------
MediaWiki 1.20.5
PHP 5.3.3 (apache2handler)
MySQL 5.1.69
Semantic MediaWiki (Version 1.8.0.4)
Semantic Forms (Version 2.5.2)
Semantic Drilldown (Version 1.2.4)
Page Schemas (Version 0.3.1)  (NOT TRUE, USING HEAD FROM ~5/21/13)

Re: SMW + PageSchemas, No Default/Alt Form for Properties?

Yury Katkov
We don't currently support "has default" and "has alternate"
attributes for the properties created with Page Schemas. At the moment
the only thing you can do is to generate the properties once and after
that don't select them for re-generation.

However I guess it would be pretty easy to add the textarea to
PageSchemas where the user can write additional text he want to have
on a property page. I tried to write the UI prototype of that (in
Ubuntu, OMG I hate ubuntu graphical editors soooo much... ) :

http://i.imgur.com/JpzzQQz.png

-----
Yury Katkov, WikiVote