SMW, SRF, HeaderTabs and Mobile Frontend

SMW, SRF, HeaderTabs and Mobile Frontend

Krabina Bernhard
Dear all,

does anyody have expierience with the Mobile Frontend extension [1] that is responsible for a special version of wiki pages for mobile devices (also used in Wikipedia)?

My problems:
1. Mobile display and some result formats have problems. Even the simplest SMW tables seam to break the mobile view.
2. Mobile display and Header Tabs [2] don't work. When both are installed, no HeaderTabs are displayed.

My main question is, where these issues have to be fixed. Is this an issue of the Mobile Frontend extension or an issue of SRF and HeaderTabs?

Is anybody in this list who would be able and willing to work on this? I can try to put some funding together eventually.

cheers,
Bernhard

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MobileFrontend
[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Header_Tabs#Incompatible_extensions

Re: [SMW-devel] SMW, SRF, HeaderTabs and Mobile Frontend

James HK
Hi,

In regards to SMW and MF (MobileFrontend), see [0].

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/1049

Cheers

On 6/3/15, Krabina Bernhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> does anyody have expierience with the Mobile Frontend extension [1] that is
> responsible for a special version of wiki pages for mobile devices (also
> used in Wikipedia)?
>
> My problems:
> 1. Mobile display and some result formats have problems. Even the simplest
> SMW tables seam to break the mobile view.
> 2. Mobile display and Header Tabs [2] don't work. When both are installed,
> no HeaderTabs are displayed.
>
> My main question is, where these issues have to be fixed. Is this an issue
> of the Mobile Frontend extension or an issue of SRF and HeaderTabs?
>
> Is anybody in this list who would be able and willing to work on this? I can
> try to put some funding together eventually.
>
> cheers,
> Bernhard
>
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MobileFrontend
> [2]
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Header_Tabs#Incompatible_extensions

Re: SMW, SRF, HeaderTabs and Mobile Frontend

Ad Strack van Schijndel
Hi Bernhard,

Not a solution for this problem, but perhaps an alternative way to deal with mobile.

We are abandoning Mobile Frontend and using the Chameleon skin if mobile support may be important. We love Chameleon, the Bootstrap style of things and the additional components and customizability.

We haven't used it in combination with HeaderTabs, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

If you have specific questions, please ask and I'll be glad to share our experience.

Ad

Op Jun 3, 2015, om 1:11 PM heeft Krabina Bernhard <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

[...]

Chameleon is great, but the wiki I need a mobile view is supposed to look like wikipedia...

The problem with HeaderTabs is not only the mobile view, but as soon as I enable the mobile frontend extension, the headertabs don't work anymore even in regular view!

regards,
Bernhard