Quantcast

SMW: case insensitive comparison

Alexey Klimovich
Hey There!

I am a bit unaware about recent changes in latest SMW versions, so I am
curious if anything changed regarding case IN-sensitive search across
properties values in latest releases?

What I mean is ability to match both "Sample page" and "Sample Page",
"sample Page", etc property values for query like this:

{{#ask: [[Title::sample page]] }}

As far as I know it was not possible in SMW 2.3, did it change or maybe
there is some kind of workaround exists?

Join our Mediawiki team on Slack!: https://mediawiki.pro:3000

Re: SMW: case insensitive comparison

James HK
Hi,

> What I mean is ability to match both "Sample page" and "Sample Page",
> "sample Page", etc property values for query like this:
>
> {{#ask: [[Title::sample page]] }}

> As far as I know it was not possible in SMW 2.3, did it change or maybe
> there is some kind of workaround exists?

[0] may give you some answers to your question.

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues/1912

Cheers