SMW docker?

Anton Hughes
Hello

I am wanting to play around with SMW, and am wondering, is there a docker available?

If yes, does it include any extensions?

Thanks and regards
Anton

Re: SMW docker?

James HK
Hi,

> I am wanting to play around with SMW, and am wondering, is there a docker
> available?

Somewhat experimental (I haven't used it) but user @benhutchins wrote
"I've used SMW inside my docker image, checkout
https://github.com/milcord/docker-internal-mediawiki which is a docker
image extended from my base image (
https://github.com/benhutchins/docker-mediawiki ) and adds in SMW
along with some other extensions. Should be a good base for anyone."
[1].

Feedback on [1] would certainly be appreciated to move the task #1218 forward.

What is missing?

- A possibility to specify a specific release
- A way to specify extra SMW related extensions (I don't think having
them in an extra container makes sense, so some kind of option is
needed)
- Ensure that all dependencies are loaded via Composer (and not out of sync)
- Ensure that other services like Sesame, Fuseki, or Virtuoso can be
added in a swift

[0] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Using_Docker

[1] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues/1218#issuecomment-168071912

Cheers

On 1/3/16, Anton Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am wanting to play around with SMW, and am wondering, is there a docker
> available?
>
> If yes, does it include any extensions?
>
> Thanks and regards
> Anton

Re: SMW docker?

Samuel Lampa-4
JFYI: If anyone is interested in an Ansible-configred docker (so that you can use the same playbook for a virtualbox or cloud image instead), I have started out at [1].

Only made it to MW so far though, but the plan is to add roles for SMW and RDFIO on top of that, as soon as time permits.

[1] https://github.com/samuell/devbox-rdfio

Hello

I am wanting to play around with SMW, and am wondering, is there a docker available?

If yes, does it include any extensions?

Thanks and regards
Anton

Samuel Lampa
Systems Developer at BILS (bils.se)
PhD student at Uppsala University (farmbio.uu.se)
*** NEW PRIMARY EMAIL: [hidden email] ***

Please note that my [hidden email]
mail adress is closing down!
   Mail: [hidden email]
  Gmail: [hidden email]
  Skype: samuellampa
   Blog: bionics.it
 Mobile: +46 70-207 3732

Re: SMW docker?

Anton Hughes
Looks good.

RDFIO  doesnt seem to be getting much love. A similar project is Fresnel Forms. https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2015/Fresnel_Forms

Re: SMW docker?

Samuel Lampa-4
On 2016-02-19 22:50, Anton wrote:
> Looks good.
>
> RDFIO  doesnt seem to be getting much love. A similar project is
> Fresnel Forms.
> https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2015/Fresnel_Forms

Interesting, gotta check this out, thanks!

Best
// Samuel

Plain triples import in Fresnel Forms?

Samuel Lampa-4
On 2016-08-18 10:41, Samuel Lampa wrote:
> On 2016-02-19 22:50, Anton wrote:
>> RDFIO  doesnt seem to be getting much love. A similar project is
>> Fresnel Forms.
>> https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2015/Fresnel_Forms
>
> Interesting, gotta check this out, thanks!

Btw, does anyone know if Fresnel Forms does "plain" RDF triples import,
or just the ontology structure? (Interested to know if we are doing
duplicate work with the new rdf2smw tool [1])

Cheers
// Samuel

[1] https://github.com/samuell/rdf2smw