SMW upgrade problem

Krabina Bernhard
Hi,

I tried to upgrade a test-wiki (MW 1.23) from SMW 2.4.x to 2.5.

upgrade.php works quite far, but then throws an error:

Database initialized completed.

Import of vocabulary.json ...
   ... creating MediaWiki:Smw import skos contents ...
   ... creating MediaWiki:Smw import foaf contents ...
   ... creating MediaWiki:Smw import owl contents ...
   ... creating Attribut:Foaf:knows contents ...
   ... creating Attribut:Foaf:name contents ...
   ... creating Attribut:Foaf:homepage contents ...
   ... creating Attribut:Owl:differentFrom contents ...
   ... done.

Import processing completed.

...site_stats is populated...done.
Fatal error: Call to a member function getValueFormatter() on a non-object in ../extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/datavalues/SMW_DV_String.php on line 74

Deactivating SMW and all related extensions does not help. Could that be an issue with SMW 2.5 and MW 1.23?

cheers,
Bernhard

Re: SMW upgrade problem

Krabina Bernhard
going back to SMW 2.4.0 the error disappears...

----- Am 16. Jun 2017 um 8:58 schrieb Bernhard Krabina, Mag. [hidden email]:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade a test-wiki (MW 1.23) from SMW 2.4.x to 2.5.
>
> upgrade.php works quite far, but then throws an error:
>
> Database initialized completed.
>
> Import of vocabulary.json ...
>   ... creating MediaWiki:Smw import skos contents ...
>   ... creating MediaWiki:Smw import foaf contents ...
>   ... creating MediaWiki:Smw import owl contents ...
>   ... creating Attribut:Foaf:knows contents ...
>   ... creating Attribut:Foaf:name contents ...
>   ... creating Attribut:Foaf:homepage contents ...
>   ... creating Attribut:Owl:differentFrom contents ...
>   ... done.
>
> Import processing completed.
>
> ...site_stats is populated...done.
> Fatal error: Call to a member function getValueFormatter() on a non-object in
> ../extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/datavalues/SMW_DV_String.php on line
> 74
>
> Deactivating SMW and all related extensions does not help. Could that be an
> issue with SMW 2.5 and MW 1.23?
>
> cheers,
> Bernhard

Re: SMW upgrade problem

Hermann Schwärzler
Hi Bernhard,

the compatibility table states that SMW 2.5 should work with MW 1.23
(https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/blob/master/docs/COMPATIBILITY.md#platform-compatibility).

Which version of PHP (or hhvm) are you using?

Greetings
Hermann

On 06/16/2017 08:58 AM, Krabina Bernhard wrote:
[...]
> Fatal error: Call to a member function getValueFormatter() on a non-object in ../extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/datavalues/SMW_DV_String.php on line 74
>
> Deactivating SMW and all related extensions does not help. Could that be an issue with SMW 2.5 and MW 1.23?
[...]

Re: SMW upgrade problem

Krabina Bernhard
Hi Hermann,

the problem was the Semantic Glossary extension. As soon as I deactivated it, it worked...

cheers,
Bernhard

----- Am 19. Jun 2017 um 12:33 schrieb Hermann Schwaerzler [hidden email]:

> Hi Bernhard,
>
> the compatibility table states that SMW 2.5 should work with MW 1.23
> (https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/blob/master/docs/COMPATIBILITY.md#platform-compatibility).
>
> Which version of PHP (or hhvm) are you using?
>
> Greetings
> Hermann
>
> On 06/16/2017 08:58 AM, Krabina Bernhard wrote:
> [...]
>> Fatal error: Call to a member function getValueFormatter() on a non-object in
>> ../extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/datavalues/SMW_DV_String.php on line
>> 74
>>
>> Deactivating SMW and all related extensions does not help. Could that be an
>> issue with SMW 2.5 and MW 1.23?
> [...]

Re: SMW upgrade problem

kghbln
Heiya Bernhard,

thanks for keeping us in the loop. This issue was reported somehow?

Cheers Karsten

Am 19.06.2017 um 15:30 schrieb Krabina Bernhard:

> Hi Hermann,
>
> the problem was the Semantic Glossary extension. As soon as I deactivated it, it worked...
>
> cheers,
> Bernhard
>
> ----- Am 19. Jun 2017 um 12:33 schrieb Hermann Schwaerzler [hidden email]:
>
>> Hi Bernhard,
>>
>> the compatibility table states that SMW 2.5 should work with MW 1.23
>> (https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/blob/master/docs/COMPATIBILITY.md#platform-compatibility).
>>
>> Which version of PHP (or hhvm) are you using?
>>
>> Greetings
>> Hermann
>>
>> On 06/16/2017 08:58 AM, Krabina Bernhard wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Fatal error: Call to a member function getValueFormatter() on a non-object in
>>> ../extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/datavalues/SMW_DV_String.php on line
>>> 74
>>>
>>> Deactivating SMW and all related extensions does not help. Could that be an
>>> issue with SMW 2.5 and MW 1.23?
>> [...]

Re: SMW upgrade problem

Krabina Bernhard