SMW use for public government / open research

SMW use for public government / open research

david mason-2
hi all,

I'm putting together a proposal for a public health organization to use SMW
for a public site to display and link their ongoing research. Would people
have example of this use of SMW in similar organizations or contexts?

Thanks!

David

Re: SMW use for public government / open research

Daren Welsh
Hi David,

Two that come to mind are SNPedia <http://www.snpedia.com/> and WikEM
<http://www.wikem.org/>. Two more that aren't in the health field (they're
geology-based) are the SEG Wiki <http://wiki.seg.org/wiki/Main_Page> (not
yet on SMW, but I believe they plan to join the party) and AAPG Wiki
<http://wiki.aapg.org/Main_Page>.

And one more ... I'd love to share our NASA EVA Wiki, but it's behind a
firewall. So I can only give you a presentation on How NASA uses a wiki
<http://enterprisemediawiki.github.io/slides/MeetingMinutes/#/>.

Daren

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:28 PM, david mason <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I'm putting together a proposal for a public health organization to use SMW
> for a public site to display and link their ongoing research. Would people
> have example of this use of SMW in similar organizations or contexts?
>
> Thanks!
>
> David

__________________
http://enterprisemediawiki.org
http://mixcloud.com/darenwelsh
http://www.beatportfolio.com

Re: SMW use for public government / open research

Mark A. Hershberger-4

> I'm putting together a proposal for a public health organization to use SMW
> for a public site to display and link their ongoing research. Would people
> have example of this use of SMW in similar organizations or contexts?

This is not SMW, but a customized version of older MW that I'm helping
them upgrade, but WikiPathways is a wiki run by the Gladstone Institute
to document and share biological pathways.

http://wikipathways.org/

--
Mark A. Hershberger
NicheWork LLC

Re: SMW use for public government / open research

Cavila Contrafibularity
There used to be a website called Malariapedia, which looked pretty state-of-the-art when it started. More recently though it was having lots of issues, no updates were being made, and the site appears to be gone now. Anyone?

Anyway, WikiApiary.com might help you with some further examples. Here's a custom query:
https://wikiapiary.com/w/index.php?title=Special%3AAsk&q=[[Category%3AWebsite]]%0D%0A[[Has+property+count%3A%3A%2B]]%0D%0A[[Is+active%3A%3ATrue]]%0D%0A[[Is+defunct%3A%3AFalse]]&po=%3FHas+name%0D%0A%3FHas+URL%0D%0A&eq=yes&p[format]=datatables&sort[0]=Has+property+count&order[0]=ASC&sort_num=&order_num=ASC&p[limit]=1500&p[offset]=&p[link]=all&p[sort]=Has+property+count&p[order][descending]=1&p[headers]=show&p[mainlabel]=-&p[intro]=&p[outro]=&p[searchlabel]=%E2%80%A6+more+semantic+wikis&p[default]=&p[class]=sortable+wikitable+smwtable&p[theme]=bootstrap&eq=yes#

Cav

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 13:28:16 -0400
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Semediawiki-user] SMW use for public government / open research
>
> hi all,
>
> I'm putting together a proposal for a public health organization to use SMW
> for a public site to display and link their ongoing research. Would people
> have example of this use of SMW in similar organizations or contexts?
>
> Thanks!
>
> David

Re: SMW use for public government / open research

david mason-2
Thanks all.

David