SOPA blackout - Sue's letter needs your translation

Re: SOPA blackout - Sue's letter needs your translation

Gergő Tisza
Tanvir Rahman <wikitanvir <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Fellow Translators,I have a bit of urgent translation request. Maybe all
> of you know that English Wikipedia is going to do a blackout in less than 17
> hours to protest SOPA and PIPA. WMF Executive Director Sue Gardner has already
> written a letter to the community about this. Since it will be visible to all
> (not English speakers are the only readers of English Wikipedia), so we need
> your quick help with translating that letter. It's not that small, but worth a
> try if you want to let your people know in your language! :)For translation,
> see the Meta-Wiki translation request page: http://meta.wikimedia.org
> /wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/English_Wikipedia_anti-SOPA_blackout Please
> feel free to forward this e-mail to any other list if you find that will be
> useful.Thank you very much in advance for your quick response!Regards,Tanvir
> RahmanWikitanvir on Wikimedia

So does the text actually appear anywhere? From the request, I would have
expected the letter to appear on the blackout page, or at least to be linked
from the blackout page. Instead, as far as I can see the page has an
English-only message linking to an English-only Wikipedia page, which in turn
links to an English-only WMF blog post (which seems to be the same, save the
last few sentences, as the translation request), some more English-only
Wikipedia pages and an English-only WMF press release.