SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

tt tt

Hello, masters of mediawiki  !

I would like to add swf ( or flash )file on my mediawiki. I saw some comments and

knew some one already succeeded to do this. But I tried to do this whole day, I couldnt.

Please tell me how to upload swf file ?

 At the privious post below, it is said small size of swf can be uploaded.

 My swf is so small. But I can not....

  --- original post ---
I am not able to upload large windows media video (wmv) files to a MediaWiki
1.5.5 running on php 4.3.10-16 and MySQL 4.0.24_Debian-10sarge1-log.

In testing, I am able to upload small wmv files (<3meg).

When I try with large ones, I either (a) the page waits for a few minutes
(while status bar in IE slowly grows) and then appears to refresh with no
error (and no file uploaded) or (b) IE shows "this page cannot be displayed'

The uploads directory is writable.

I can upload other images, mp3 files (tested successfully 10 meg), swf or
fla flash files (tested >7megs) and these appear perfectly.

I've tried increasing the php.ini settings: memory_limit = 16M;
upload_max_filesize = 12M; post_max_size = 12M;  I have also increased the
time allowed for scripts to run and load.

I added to LocalSettings.php:
   $wgFileExtensions = array('gif', .. The others already there. 'wmv');
   $wgVerifyMimeType = false;

When I look at a small wmv (<3meg) file I successfully uploaded, the mime
type is text/plain (which seems odd, mp3 files are properly identified)

Any ideas? Could it be the codec I used to encode the wmv file? (I used
camtasia - this is for video based training in our internal company wiki).

Thanks!

Re: SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

Rob Church
On 24/05/06, tt tt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to add swf ( or flash )file on my mediawiki. I saw some comments and
> knew some one already succeeded to do this. But I tried to do this whole day, I couldnt.
>
> Please tell me how to upload swf file ?

Take a look at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:FAQ#How_do_I_allow_uploading_of_additional_formats.3F.

Rob Church

Re: SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

tt tt

Thank you Rob:
  I already add the sentences below to LocalSettings.php
$wgFileExtensions[] = 'swf';

include('extensions/Flash.php');
$wgVerifyMimeType= false;
$wgMimeDetectorCommand= "file -bi";
but still not able to upload SWF.
SWF is not in the blacklist, too.
Is there any other reason ??
      -----Tra----

 Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:On 24/05/06, tt tt wrote:
> I would like to add swf ( or flash )file on my mediawiki. I saw some comments and
> knew some one already succeeded to do this. But I tried to do this whole day, I couldnt.
>
> Please tell me how to upload swf file ?

Take a look at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:FAQ#How_do_I_allow_uploading_of_additional_formats.3F.

Rob Church

Re: SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

Rob Church
On 24/05/06, tt tt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Rob:
>   I already add the sentences below to LocalSettings.php
> $wgFileExtensions[] = 'swf';
>
> include('extensions/Flash.php');
> $wgVerifyMimeType= false;
> $wgMimeDetectorCommand= "file -bi";

Re: SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

tt tt

It means, there appears a message below.
" The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again."
 Of course, this file is not corrupt.
  ----tra-------
 Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:On 24/05/06, tt tt wrote:

> Thank you Rob:
> I already add the sentences below to LocalSettings.php
> $wgFileExtensions[] = 'swf';
>
> include('extensions/Flash.php');
> $wgVerifyMimeType= false;
> $wgMimeDetectorCommand= "file -bi";

Re: SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

Matt-19
Are you running the wiki server on a Windows-based server?  I have
experienced this issue of "corrupt" files on a system running Apache
on Windows, and the same files worked fine on a FreeBSD system running
the same software combo.

I had to disable the MIME-type checking on the Windows system before
things worked again.  I did this by adding "$wgVerifyMimeType =
false;" into my LocalSettings.php.

Be warned - I don't think this is a good thing to do, as it makes
bypassing the file extensions restrictions rather trivial.  I've only
done this on an internal system that is not exposed to the public
Internet.

Matt

On 5/24/06, tt tt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It means, there appears a message below.
> " The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again."
>  Of course, this file is not corrupt.
>   ----tra-------
>  Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:On 24/05/06, tt tt wrote:
> >
> > Thank you Rob:
> > I already add the sentences below to LocalSettings.php
> > $wgFileExtensions[] = 'swf';
> >
> > include('extensions/Flash.php');
> > $wgVerifyMimeType= false;
> > $wgMimeDetectorCommand= "file -bi";

Re: SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

tt tt

Thank you Matt!
  I am runnning my wiki on a rental-server.
 I dont know that is Windows or Unix. I would research it.
  As I mentioned,I have alreaday added the line
 "  $wgVerifyMimeType= false; "
 On my wiki, only I am allowed to upload files, so I think there is no problem
 of security.
   ------------tra----------------

 Matt <[hidden email]> wrote:Are you running the wiki server on a Windows-based server? I have

On 5/24/06, tt tt wrote:

> It means, there appears a message below.
> " The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again."
> Of course, this file is not corrupt.
> ----tra-------
> Rob Church wrote:On 24/05/06, tt tt wrote:
> >
> > Thank you Rob:
> > I already add the sentences below to LocalSettings.php
> > $wgFileExtensions[] = 'swf';
> >
> > include('extensions/Flash.php');
> > $wgVerifyMimeType= false;
> > $wgMimeDetectorCommand= "file -bi";

Re: SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

tt tt

Is there any solution to upload swf to wiki ?
--------------tra----------------

 tt tt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Matt!
I am runnning my wiki on a rental-server.
I dont know that is Windows or Unix. I would research it.
As I mentioned,I have alreaday added the line
" $wgVerifyMimeType= false; "
On my wiki, only I am allowed to upload files, so I think there is no problem
of security.
------------tra----------------
Matt wrote:Are you running the wiki server on a Windows-based server? I have

On 5/24/06, tt tt wrote:

> It means, there appears a message below.
> " The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again."
> Of course, this file is not corrupt.
> ----tra-------
> Rob Church wrote:On 24/05/06, tt tt wrote:
> >
> > Thank you Rob:
> > I already add the sentences below to LocalSettings.php
> > $wgFileExtensions[] = 'swf';
> >
> > include('extensions/Flash.php');
> > $wgVerifyMimeType= false;
> > $wgMimeDetectorCommand= "file -bi";

Re: SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

Matt-19
Sorry - I'm using the exact same settings you are and it works for me.
 Anything in your error logs to give us a clue?

On 5/27/06, tt tt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any solution to upload swf to wiki ?
> --------------tra----------------
>
>  tt tt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you Matt!
> I am runnning my wiki on a rental-server.
> I dont know that is Windows or Unix. I would research it.
> As I mentioned,I have alreaday added the line
> " $wgVerifyMimeType= false; "
> On my wiki, only I am allowed to upload files, so I think there is no problem
> of security.
> ------------tra----------------
> Matt wrote:Are you running the wiki server on a Windows-based server? I have
> experienced this issue of "corrupt" files on a system running Apache
> on Windows, and the same files worked fine on a FreeBSD system running
> the same software combo.
>
> I had to disable the MIME-type checking on the Windows system before
> things worked again. I did this by adding "$wgVerifyMimeType =
> false;" into my LocalSettings.php.
>
> Be warned - I don't think this is a good thing to do, as it makes
> bypassing the file extensions restrictions rather trivial. I've only
> done this on an internal system that is not exposed to the public
> Internet.
>
> Matt
>
> On 5/24/06, tt tt wrote:
> >
> > It means, there appears a message below.
> > " The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again."
> > Of course, this file is not corrupt.
> > ----tra-------
> > Rob Church wrote:On 24/05/06, tt tt wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you Rob:
> > > I already add the sentences below to LocalSettings.php
> > > $wgFileExtensions[] = 'swf';
> > >
> > > include('extensions/Flash.php');
> > > $wgVerifyMimeType= false;
> > > $wgMimeDetectorCommand= "file -bi";

Re: SWF-file uploading to mediawiki

tt tt

Thanks, Matt:
  When I try to upload swf files, there appears  message below.
 "The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again."
  Actually, I am not using mediawiki standalone. Using MAMBO CMS and the wiki
 is one of the components of MAMBO so not be
  mediawiki but "manbowiki". But I think the basis is same.

 Matt <[hidden email]> wrote:Sorry - I'm using the exact same settings you are and it works for me.