Sanskrit wikisource is created

Shiju Alex
Dear All,

Few wikimedians who understood the importance of wiki source project is giving proper care to it. From Indic Wikis, I can show you the example of Bengali wikisource. According to me, both the wiktionary and wikisource projects are very important for any language which has online presence.

For a language like Sanskrit (which is a classical language),wikisource is very much relevant and important projects. Perhaps it might have more number of source texts (which are in public domain) than most of the Indian languages.

A request for Sanskrit wikisource is logged on 2010 October 04. The request was approved by the language committee on 2010 November 04, and finally the wiki is created on 2011 March 18. It is available here: http://sa.wikisource.org

Most of the text from Old Wikisource is already migrated to this new wikisource. A cleanup is required in the wiki. I request Sanskrit wiki community to take of your wiki project.

Thanks
Shiju Alex

Re: Sanskrit wikisource is created

Santhosh Thottingal-2
On Tue, March 22, 2011 8:28 pm, Shiju Alex wrote:
> Dear All,
[...]
> finally the wiki is created on *2011 March 18*
> <http://sa.wikisource.org/>.
> It is available here: http://sa.wikisource.org
>
> Most of the text from Old Wikisource <http://wikisource.org> is already
> migrated to this new wikisource <http://sa.wikisource.org>. A cleanup is
> required in the wiki. I request Sanskrit wiki community to take of your
> wiki
> project.

The Hindu reports this news:
Sanskrit finds its way into Wikisource