Saving the Special:Allmessages page

COURTAUD Didier
Hi all

I am actually finishing to translate into French the messages of the  Special:Allmessages page !

But I do not want to make this job again if I upgrade Mediawiki or if I change the server of my wiki !

Is there a simple way to backup this page and only this page ?

Didier Courtaud

Re: Saving the Special:Allmessages page

Rotem Liss
You can update MessagesFr.php. See
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_localisation for details.

Didier Courtaud wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I am actually finishing to translate into French the messages of the  Special:Allmessages page !
>
>But I do not want to make this job again if I upgrade Mediawiki or if I change the server of my wiki !
>
>Is there a simple way to backup this page and only this page ?
>
>Didier Courtaud

Re: Saving the Special:Allmessages page

Jimmy Collins-3
Hi Didier,

edit the translation in "laguages/MessagesFr.php".

Then run from command line "php5 maintenance/rebuildMessages.php --update" (or php4 ...)  and the languages will be updated into the databse. Backup this files for further installations. And when you post your patch to "bugzilla.wikipia.org" it maybe included in the next release.

Cheers,
Jimmy

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Rob Church
On 27/04/06, Didier Courtaud <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a simple way to backup this page and only this page ?

In newer versions of MediaWiki, click the "PHP view" link to generate
replacement PHP code for the MessagesXX.php files.

Rob Church