Scholarships for Zurich Hackathon

Silke Meyer
Hi all!

From 9th to 11th of May there will be a MediaWiki hackathon in Zurich
[1]. Scholarships are available for this and some of them are given out
by Wikimedia Germany for MediaWiki developers who are from Germany or
work on Wikidata or the migration of tools from Toolserver to Tool Labs.
You can apply for a scholarship directly via the registration form for
the hackathon [2]. The registration deadline is 16th of March 2014. I’m
looking forward to seeing many of you there to work on the migration.

Best Silke

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Z%C3%BCrich_Hackathon_2014
[2]
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nlrQ7cox36xaNK1u9iKP-thogY5TVrilOGJR79DqQ9A/viewform

--
Silke Meyer
Internes IT-Management und Projektmanagement Toolserver

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt
für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Re: Scholarships for Zurich Hackathon

Katie Chan
On 28/02/2014 13:34, Silke Meyer wrote:

> Hi all!
>
>  From 9th to 11th of May there will be a MediaWiki hackathon in Zurich
> [1]. Scholarships are available for this and some of them are given out
> by Wikimedia Germany for MediaWiki developers who are from Germany or
> work on Wikidata or the migration of tools from Toolserver to Tool Labs.
> You can apply for a scholarship directly via the registration form for
> the hackathon [2]. The registration deadline is 16th of March 2014. I’m
> looking forward to seeing many of you there to work on the migration.

Scholarships for UK resident will be available from Wikimedia UK. Apply
on the same form, same deadline.

Regards,

Katie

--
Katie Chan
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the view of any organisation the author is associated with or employed by.

      - Heinrich Heine

Re: Scholarships for Zurich Hackathon

Maarten Dammers
Katie Chan schreef op 28-2-2014 14:46:

> On 28/02/2014 13:34, Silke Meyer wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>>  From 9th to 11th of May there will be a MediaWiki hackathon in Zurich
>> [1]. Scholarships are available for this and some of them are given out
>> by Wikimedia Germany for MediaWiki developers who are from Germany or
>> work on Wikidata or the migration of tools from Toolserver to Tool Labs.
>> You can apply for a scholarship directly via the registration form for
>> the hackathon [2]. The registration deadline is 16th of March 2014. I’m
>> looking forward to seeing many of you there to work on the migration.
>>

> Scholarships for UK resident will be available from Wikimedia UK.
> Apply on the same form, same deadline.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe anyone irrespective of the
country they're from can apply for a scholarship and the applications
will be judged based on criteria like
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Amsterdam_Hackathon_2013/Scholarships

Maarten

Re: Scholarships for Zurich Hackathon

Manuel Schneider-3
Hi,

On 01.03.2014 10:53, K. Peachey wrote:
> Those are from the group organising the hackathon directly, I believe
> the ones mentioned are additional ones being done by individual chapters
> (namely WNDE and WMUK)

right, there are scholarships given by the WMF and additional ones by
WMDE, WMAT, WMUK, WMNL, maybe even more I might have forgotten.

To make the process easier for the participants the application for
scholarship can be done while registering.
The WMF is overseeing the registration process and approving / denying
scholarships on the fly, those from one of the countries with chapters
giving scholarships are being forwarded to these chapters for
decision-taking.

We will send out approvals / denials along with instructions who is in
charge to reimburse / book.

Directions are here:
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Z%C3%BCrich_Hackathon_2014/Scholarships
it also links to the WMF page on scholarship principles:
*
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Volunteer_coordination_and_outreach/Travel_sponsorship

Regards,

Manuel