Scholarships for people whose visa were declined

Scholarships for people whose visa were declined

Andy Mabbett-2
Katherine Maher just announced at Wikimania 2017 that all scholarship
recipients who were unable to obtain a visa, will be automatically
granted a scholarship for Wikimania 2018.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Scholarships for people whose visa were declined

Chris Keating-2
Sounds very sensible!

Chris

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Katherine Maher just announced at Wikimania 2017 that all scholarship
> recipients who were unable to obtain a visa, will be automatically
> granted a scholarship for Wikimania 2018.
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: Scholarships for people whose visa were declined

ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ)-2
Great gesture and so much re-assuring of the spirit that's called Wikimedia revolution!

Kudos!
-user:Viswaprabha

On 11 August 2017 at 19:02, Chris Keating <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sounds very sensible!

Chris

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Katherine Maher just announced at Wikimania 2017 that all scholarship
> recipients who were unable to obtain a visa, will be automatically
> granted a scholarship for Wikimania 2018.
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: Scholarships for people whose visa were declined

Lane Rasberry
This is a great idea! I was really feeling down hearing about how so many people got denied a visa and I did not know how to respond.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 9:36 AM, ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great gesture and so much re-assuring of the spirit that's called Wikimedia revolution!

Kudos!
-user:Viswaprabha

On 11 August 2017 at 19:02, Chris Keating <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sounds very sensible!

Chris

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Katherine Maher just announced at Wikimania 2017 that all scholarship
> recipients who were unable to obtain a visa, will be automatically
> granted a scholarship for Wikimania 2018.
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Lane Rasberry
user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
206.801.0814

Re: Scholarships for people whose visa were declined

Nkansah Rexford
Great news.

I hope Maher added too that the WMF would start from today assisting such individuals to obtain visa come 2018 unless the WMF wants to be automatically granting scholarships each year to some applicants from some countries.

On Friday, August 11, 2017, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Katherine Maher just announced at Wikimania 2017 that all scholarship
recipients who were unable to obtain a visa, will be automatically
granted a scholarship for Wikimania 2018.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: Scholarships for people whose visa were declined

Dennis Tobar
Great news!

El vie., 11 de ago. de 2017 a la(s) 12:03, Richard Farmbrough <[hidden email]> escribió:
Excellent news, I cheered!

On 11 Aug 2017 09:27, "Andy Mabbett" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Katherine Maher just announced at Wikimania 2017 that all scholarship
recipients who were unable to obtain a visa, will be automatically
granted a scholarship for Wikimania 2018.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Dennis Tobar Calderón
(Enviado desde un móvil, lamento lo breve o los errores de ortografía)