Scoring Platform Team update

Aaron Halfaker-2
Hey folks!

I just posted a new update to the blog.   This update covers roughly the
last month.

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/phame/post/view/58/status_update_july_11th_2017/

As of July 1st, we are officially the Scoring Platform team. We're
welcoming Adam Wight to the team officially.  There will be a nice
announcement that we'll post to the Wikimedia Blog in a few days.

The last ~month was very productive, but we had two major production
issues[1,2]. As you will see in the blog post, there's a series of tasks
that address problems that were related to these issues.

Despite dealing with production issues, we've been able to get a very
substantial change to the revscoring library merged. This change will make
accessing information about models (build environment, test statistics,
scoring thresholds, etc.) much easier. This will cause a breaking change in
ORES UI so we'll be making an announcement when we roll it out. Stay tuned.

We've also increased our language and model coverage substantially. We even
built and deployed a totally new type of model to help out French
Wikisource!

See the post for more details :)

1. https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incident_documentation/20170613-ORES
2. https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incident_documentation/20170623-ORES

-Aaron
Principal research scientist
Lead of the Scoring Platform team
Defender of the universe
Eater of toast
Wiki of the media foundation

Re: [AI] Scoring Platform Team update

Jonathan Morgan
Congratulations to the new Scoring Platform team! - J

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Aaron Halfaker <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hey folks!
>
> I just posted a new update to the blog.   This update covers roughly the
> last month.
>
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/phame/post/view/58/status_
> update_july_11th_2017/
>
> As of July 1st, we are officially the Scoring Platform team. We're
> welcoming Adam Wight to the team officially.  There will be a nice
> announcement that we'll post to the Wikimedia Blog in a few days.
>
> The last ~month was very productive, but we had two major production
> issues[1,2]. As you will see in the blog post, there's a series of tasks
> that address problems that were related to these issues.
>
> Despite dealing with production issues, we've been able to get a very
> substantial change to the revscoring library merged. This change will make
> accessing information about models (build environment, test statistics,
> scoring thresholds, etc.) much easier. This will cause a breaking change in
> ORES UI so we'll be making an announcement when we roll it out. Stay tuned.
>
> We've also increased our language and model coverage substantially. We
> even built and deployed a totally new type of model to help out French
> Wikisource!
>
> See the post for more details :)
>
> 1. https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incident_
> documentation/20170613-ORES