Screenscraping tools in MW ?

Harald Groven
Is there an extension or feature that makes it possible to include a string of text from an external web page into a MW?

Something like [include|www.somesite.org/index.php], that grabs text within the <body>-tag of the external web page ?

--
Harald Groven
www.groven.no/harald

Re: Screenscraping tools in MW ?

Gary Kirk
Like...an RSS feed? Can't you simply link to the page? I doubt there's
such an extension, with cppyright issues...

Gary

On 6/23/06, Harald Groven <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there an extension or feature that makes it possible to include a string
> of text from an external web page into a MW?
>
> Something like [include|www.somesite.org/index.php], that grabs text within
> the <body>-tag of the external web page ?
>

> --
> Harald Groven
> www.groven.no/harald

Gary Kirk

Re: Screenscraping tools in MW ?

James Mohr-3
Still a noob, but...

If it's not an RSS feed, then I would image that you would have to write your
own hook to do it. PHP can pull a URL, which you can then parse as needed. I
wanted something similar that pulled information out of a database. As far as
I could see there is nothing to get from extern source.

regards,

jimmo