Search suggestions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Search suggestions

Huji Lee
Hello,

People on Persian Wikipedia are eager to know if there is a way to let
MediaWiki search feature suggest some keywords when misspelled words are
search in Persian Wikipedia. As I'm not that familiar with the MediaWiki
search suggestions feature, I would be thankful if someone could share their
thoughts about this idea.

Best,

Hojjat (aka Huji)
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Search suggestions

Robert Stojnic-2

Hello,

Sorry for late reply. I *think* we are in process of ordering some more
RAM so can make that happen, but I don't know of any time estimates...

cheers, r.

Huji wrote:

> Hello,
>
> People on Persian Wikipedia are eager to know if there is a way to let
> MediaWiki search feature suggest some keywords when misspelled words are
> search in Persian Wikipedia. As I'm not that familiar with the MediaWiki
> search suggestions feature, I would be thankful if someone could share their
> thoughts about this idea.
>
> Best,
>
> Hojjat (aka Huji)
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Search suggestions

Huji Lee
Robert,

That would be great.

I'm also interested to know how non-Wikimedia wikis can setup a similar
feature. If there is anywhere to learn about it, a link would suffice.

Best,

Hojjat (aka Huji)


On 1/14/09, Robert Stojnic <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for late reply. I *think* we are in process of ordering some more
> RAM so can make that happen, but I don't know of any time estimates...
>
> cheers, r.
>
>
> Huji wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > People on Persian Wikipedia are eager to know if there is a way to let
> > MediaWiki search feature suggest some keywords when misspelled words are
> > search in Persian Wikipedia. As I'm not that familiar with the MediaWiki
> > search suggestions feature, I would be thankful if someone could share
> their
> > thoughts about this idea.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Hojjat (aka Huji)
>
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikitech-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
> >
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Search suggestions

Robert Stojnic-2

The code is in the lucene-search-2.1 branch, but still needs some
polishing/documenting to be widely usable.. I don't know when will I
have time to polish this up, but you can give it a try for you local
wiki anyway... The latest instructions are in the README file.

http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/branches/lucene-search-2.1/README.txt

cheers, r.

Huji wrote:

> Robert,
>
> That would be great.
>
> I'm also interested to know how non-Wikimedia wikis can setup a similar
> feature. If there is anywhere to learn about it, a link would suffice.
>
> Best,
>
> Hojjat (aka Huji)
>
>
> On 1/14/09, Robert Stojnic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>> Hello,
>>
>> Sorry for late reply. I *think* we are in process of ordering some more
>> RAM so can make that happen, but I don't know of any time estimates...
>>
>> cheers, r.
>>
>>
>> Huji wrote:
>>    
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> People on Persian Wikipedia are eager to know if there is a way to let
>>> MediaWiki search feature suggest some keywords when misspelled words are
>>> search in Persian Wikipedia. As I'm not that familiar with the MediaWiki
>>> search suggestions feature, I would be thankful if someone could share
>>>      
>> their
>>    
>>> thoughts about this idea.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Hojjat (aka Huji)
>>>      
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Wikitech-l mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikitech-l mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>>
>>    
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l