Security guidelines

Sumana Harihareswara-2
Hi all! Check out
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Security_for_developers/Architecture -- I
just removed the {{draft}} tag.

These security guidelines help lead developers, architects, and product
managers make decisions that protect MediaWiki's users when developing new
features or refactoring old code.

All MediaWiki developers can follow these principles and process when
developing new core features or extensions. If a developer or team is
planning to have their code deployed on the Wikimedia cluster, following
these guidelines will ensure the security review process is quick and
requires minimal changes before deployment.

This guide interrelates with the Architecture guidelines
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_guidelines>, Performance
guidelines <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Performance_guidelines>, and user
experience guidelines
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Design>.
Thanks to everyone who helped write these, especially Chris Steipp -- he
wrote most of it and I helped. Thanks also to the chiptunes at
https://soundcloud.com/benlandis which helped me power through. :-)

Sumana Harihareswara
Senior Technical Writer

Re: Security guidelines

Pine W
Thank you Sumana and Chris Steipp.

Pine

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 7:35 PM, Sumana Harihareswara <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi all! Check out
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Security_for_developers/Architecture -- I
> just removed the {{draft}} tag.
>
> These security guidelines help lead developers, architects, and product
> managers make decisions that protect MediaWiki's users when developing new
> features or refactoring old code.
>
> All MediaWiki developers can follow these principles and process when
> developing new core features or extensions. If a developer or team is
> planning to have their code deployed on the Wikimedia cluster, following
> these guidelines will ensure the security review process is quick and
> requires minimal changes before deployment.
>
> This guide interrelates with the Architecture guidelines
> <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_guidelines>, Performance
> guidelines <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Performance_guidelines>, and
> user
> experience guidelines
> <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Design>.
> Thanks to everyone who helped write these, especially Chris Steipp -- he
> wrote most of it and I helped. Thanks also to the chiptunes at
> https://soundcloud.com/benlandis which helped me power through. :-)
>

> Sumana Harihareswara
> Senior Technical Writer
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Security guidelines

Thomas Gries
Am 22.07.2014 04:35, schrieb Sumana Harihareswara:
> Hi all! Check out
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Security_for_developers/Architecture -- I
> just removed the {{draft}} tag.

added to this as a new section to MSG the
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:MediaWiki_Security_Guide book
(collection of pages),
which you can print, download as PDF, epub (ebook) and other formats.