Selecting pages: 2 queries on the same property

Selecting pages: 2 queries on the same property

stefahn
I would like to select pages that have a certain property value x but at
the same
time don't have the property value y (on the same property of type page).

I tried
[[Prop::x]] [[Prop::!y]]
but this fails - it just outputs all pages containing x.

I also tried using a concept where I put [[Prop::x]]
and then used [[Concept:foo]] [[Prop::!y]] - but no luck either.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Stefan

--
InterSpirit.de <http://interspirit.de>
Für mehr Spirit im Netz

Re: Selecting pages: 2 queries on the same property

stefahn
I'm bumping this since I ran into this issue again.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

Re: Selecting pages: 2 queries on the same property

Remco de Boer
Hi Stefan,

[[Prop::!y]] will retrieve any page with some value of 'prop' different
than 'y'. So if a single page has both [[Prop::x]] and [[Prop::y]], the
page will still be in the result set because it has the value 'x'.

You seem to need to ask for something like [[!Prop::y]] instead, but I
don't think that is a valid query.

Regards,
Remco

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM, stefahn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm bumping this since I ran into this issue again.
> Does anyone have a solution for this?

Re: Selecting pages: 2 queries on the same property

Nathan Douglas
I believe the only way to do this is to do a query for pages with [[Prop::x]], then do a query for pages with [[Prop::x]] [[Prop::y]], then take the complement of the former set with the latter set.

There are more than a few logical ideas that cannot be expressed well in SMW currently — pages without a specific property set, pages with a specific property set to something other than a specific value, etc.

Nathan Douglas, Developer
DEVONtechnologies, LLC
devontechnologies.com