Semantic Image Annotator question

Krabina Bernhard
Dear all,

I try to use Semantic Image Annotator [1] for the first time. You can see here [2] what happens: I have the "start annotating" button, but when I click it I cannot add any annotation. I have a form and template in place, but the problem seems to before the form call, because the annotation mode does not work. I can increase and decrase the picture size, but other than that, nothing happens.

Firebug shows an syntax error: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
        ..(window.JSON&&window.JSON.parse){return window.JSON.parse(data);}if(rvalidchars....

I am using
MediaWiki 1.23.9
PHP 5.3.28 (cgi-fcgi)
MySQL 5.5.42-cll
Semantic Forms 3.2
Semantic Image Annotator 0.6.0
Semantic MediaWiki 2.2

any ideas?

cheers,
Bernhard

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Image_Annotator
[2] http://standards.kdz.eu/index.php?title=Datei:WStLA_KS_Sammelbestand_P1_6.jpg

Re: Semantic Image Annotator question

Hermann Schwärzler
Hi Bernhard,

using Firebug to place a breakpoint just before "return
window.JSON.parse(data)" I could see that "data" had this text as its
content:

"<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function getValue() on a
non-object in
<b>/home/kdz/standards/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/query/SMW_QueryProcessor.php</b>
"

This is not JSON so JSON.parse shows that error you are seeing.
The Javascript-code at this place (wherever it originates) is not
optimal. IMO it should catch that error. But that's a different story...

Greetings
Hermann