Semantic MediaWiki conference: call for participation

Semantic MediaWiki conference: call for participation

Yury Katkov
Dear users, developers and all people interested in semantic wikis,

We are happy to announce SMWCon Fall 2013 - the 8th Semantic MediaWiki
Conference:

* Dates: October 28th to October 30th 2013 (Monday to Wednesday)
* Location: A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof, Lehrter Str. 12, 10557 Berlin, Germany
* Conference wikipage: https://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2013
* Participants: Everybody interested in semantic wikis, especially in
Semantic MediaWiki, e.g., users, developers, consultants, business
representatives, researchers.

SMWCon Fall 2013 will be supported by the Open Semantic Data
Association e. V. [1]. Our platinum sponsor will be WikiVote ltd,
Russia [2].

Following the success of recent SMWCons, we will have one tutorial day
and two conference days.

Participating in the conference: To help us planning, you can already
informally register on the wikipage, although a firm registration will
later be needed.

Contributing to the conference: If you want to present your work in
the conference please go to the conference wikipage and add your talk
there. To create an attractive program for the conference, we will
later ask you to give further information about your proposals.
Tutorials and presentations will be video and audio recorded and will
be made available for others after the conference.

==Among others, we encourage contributions on the following topics==

===Applications of semantic wikis===
* Semantic wikis for enterprise workflows and business intelligence
* Semantic wikis for corporate or personal knowledge management
* Exchange on business models with semantic wikis
* Lessons learned (best/worst practices) from using semantic wikis or
their extensions
* Semantic wikis in e-science, e-learning, e-health, e-government
* Semantic wikis for finding a common vocabulary among a group of people
* Semantic wikis for teaching students about the Semantic Web
* Offering incentives for users of semantic wikis

===Development of semantic wikis===
* Semantic wikis as knowledge base backends / data integration platforms
* Comparisons of semantic wiki concepts and technologies
* Community building, feature wishlists, roadmapping of Semantic MediaWiki
* Improving user experience in a semantic wiki
* Speeding up semantic wikis
* Integrations and interoperability of semantic wikis with other
applications and mashups
* Modeling of complex domains in semantic wikis, using rules, formulas etc.
* Access control and security aspects in semantic wikis
* Multilingual semantic wikis

If you have questions you can contact me (Yury Katkov, Program Chair),
 Benedikt Kämpgen (General Chair)  or Karsten Hoffmeyer (Local Chair)
per e-mail (Cc).

Hope to see you in Berlin

Yury Katkov, Program Chair

[1] http://www.opensemanticdata.org/
[2] http://wikivote.ru

Re: [Mediawiki-enterprise] Semantic MediaWiki conference: call for participation

Sumana Harihareswara-2
On 06/18/2013 01:20 PM, Yury Katkov wrote:

> [...]
> * Semantic wikis for teaching students about the Semantic Web
> * Offering incentives for users of semantic wikis
>
> ===Development of semantic wikis===
> * Semantic wikis as knowledge base backends / data integration platforms
> * Comparisons of semantic wiki concepts and technologies
> * Community building, feature wishlists, roadmapping of Semantic MediaWiki
> * Improving user experience in a semantic wiki
> * Speeding up semantic wikis
> * Integrations and interoperability of semantic wikis with other
> applications and mashups
> * Modeling of complex domains in semantic wikis, using rules, formulas etc.
> * Access control and security aspects in semantic wikis
> * Multilingual semantic wikis
>

> If you have questions you can contact me (Yury Katkov, Program Chair),
>  Benedikt Kämpgen (General Chair)  or Karsten Hoffmeyer (Local Chair)

If you are going to lead a session at SMWCon, you are eligible to apply
for Wikimedia Foundation's Participation Support subsidies for travel
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Participation:Support>.

Thanks for the heads-up, Yury.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager

SMWCon Fall 2014 in Vienna: Semantic MediaWiki conference: call for participation

Krabina Bernhard
Dear users, developers and all people interested in semantic wikis, wikis and open knowledge, especially in Semantic MediaWiki!

We are happy to announce SMWCon Fall 2014 - the 10th Semantic MediaWiki Conference:

* Dates: October 1st to October 3rd 2014 (Wednesday to Friday)
* Create Camp / Hackday on Saturday, October 4th
* Location:  Municipal and Provincial Archives of Vienna, Gasometer D, Guglgasse 14, 1110 Vienna, Austria
* Conference wikipage: https://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2014
* Participants: Everybody interested in semantic wikis, wikis and open knowledge, especially in Semantic MediaWiki, e.g., users, developers, consultants, business or government representatives, researchers.
* Registration is now open at: http://de.amiando.com/SMWCon2014.html
(if you register, please don't book hotels yet, there will be recommendations next week on the connference webpage)
* The hashtag on Semantic MediaWiki on Twitter Twitter is #SMWCon.

SMWCon Fall 2014 will be organized by KDZ - Centre for Public Administration Research [1], supported by the Open Semantic Data Association [2] and the Municipal and Provincial Archives of Vienna [3] in cooperation with Wikimedia Austria [4] and Open Knowledge Foundation Austria [5].
Following the success of recent SMWCons, we will have one tutorial day and two conference days. As a novelty, the SMWCon in Vienna will have a Create Camp / Hackathon on Saturday at the KDZ premises.

Thank you to our sponsors https://gesinn.it/ (gold) and https://energypedia.info (silver)!
Please contact us if you are interested in sponsoring the conference.

Contributing to the conference: If you want to present your work in the conference please go to the conference wikipage and add your talk there. To create an attractive program for the conference, we will later ask you to give further information about your proposals.

==Among others, we encourage contributions on the following topics==

===Applications of semantic wikis===
* Business Applications - what technology did you use, what were the boundary conditions and how did you solve your challenges?
* Science Applications - what are potential or proven uses for SMW? How did SMW improve or change the way you work?
* What is left and right of SMW?
* Lessons learned (best/worst practices) from using semantic wikis or their extensions
* Semantic wikis in e-science, e-learning, e-health, e-government
* Semantic wikis and Open Data
* Semantic MediaWiki, Wikipedia, Wikidata, DBpedia

===Development of semantic wikis===
* Development roadmap - what are the plans for SMW, what is in the pipeline?
* Recent developments - what are you developing in the moment? Where are the challenges?
* Semantic wikis as knowledge base backends / data integration platforms
* Comparisons of semantic wiki concepts and technologies
* Community building, feature wishlists, roadmapping of Semantic MediaWiki
* Improving user experience in a semantic wiki
* Speeding up semantic wikis
* Integrations and interoperability of semantic wikis with other applications and mashups
* Access control and security aspects in semantic wikis
* Multilingual semantic wikis

== Tutorials ==
We are also looking for people giving tutorials on the first day (tutorial day).

If you have questions you can contact me (Bernhard Krabina, General and Local Chair), or Franz Borrmann (Program Chair) per e-mail (Cc).

Hope to see you in Vienna!

Best regards,
Bernhard Krabina

[1] http://www.kdz.or.at
[2] https://opensemanticdata.org/
[3] https://www.wien.gv.at/english/history/archives/index.html
[4] https://www.wikimedia.at/
[5] http://www.okfn.at

--
Mag. Bernhard Krabina
KDZ - Zentrum für Verwaltungsforschung

- Offener Haushalt - Transparente Gemeindefinanzen:
  http://www.offenerhaushalt.at

- Plattform Verwaltungskooperation:
  http://www.verwaltungskooperation.at

- Open Government Vorgehensmodell
  http://www.kdz.eu/de/open-government-vorgehensmodell

KDZ News: WissensmitarbeiterIn Public Management/Governance gesucht! http://www.kdz.eu/de/content/wissensmitarbeiterin-public-managementgovernance-gesucht

Re: SMWCon Fall 2014 in Vienna: Semantic MediaWiki conference: call for participation

Krabina Bernhard
Dear all,

there are now suggestions for booking accommodation in Vienna for the SMWCon 2014 in October.
https://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2014#Accommodation

regards,
Bernhard

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----