Semenatic MediaWiki & Templates with Parameter & Images

Semenatic MediaWiki & Templates with Parameter & Images

Silencium Sixty-Eight
Hello,

Using images like

[[Image:image01.png|thumb|150px|]]

appears to be pretty straight forward.

Using a template for this is rather simple too:

Image Template

[[Image:{{{Image Name|}}}|thumb|150x150px|]]

Call of Template

{{Image Template | Image Name=image01.png}}

But when it comes to engaging Semantic MediaWiki, currently I'm failing to accomplish this:

Semantic MediaWiki Image Template

[[Image:[[smwImage:={{{smwImage|}}}]]|thumb|150x150px|]]

Call of Template

{{Semantic MediaWiki Image Template | smwImage=image01.png}}

Saving my template results in:

Template:Semantic MediaWiki Image Template

| thumb | center]]

Usage of this template:

{{{smwImage}}} | thumb | center]]

Categories: Sandbox | Template Definition

Using this template generates the following output:

What have I done wrong? How can I fix this?

Cheers,
Martin

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Semenatic MediaWiki & Templates with Parameter & Images

Yaron Koren
My guess is that trying to combine the two tags in one is causing the
problem. Try changing the template code to this:

[[Image:{{{smwImage|}}}|thumb|150x150px|]]
[[smwImage:={{{smwImage|}}} | ]]

(There's a pipe at the end of the second one so the file name won't show up.)

-Yaron