Semi private Wiki

jmh649
A number of editors at Wikiproject:Medicine are working on a collaborative
paper regarding Wikipedia and Medicine.  We are currently writing it using
Google docs but would prefer to do it in a wiki environment.  Does anyone
know if it is possible to set up a semi private wiki with Wikimedia
foundation?

James Heilman

Re: Semi private Wiki

Thomas Dalton
On 26 April 2010 21:06, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A number of editors at Wikiproject:Medicine are working on a collaborative
> paper regarding Wikipedia and Medicine.  We are currently writing it using
> Google docs but would prefer to do it in a wiki environment.  Does anyone
> know if it is possible to set up a semi private wiki with Wikimedia
> foundation?

It is technically possible. You'll need to give more of an explanation
of what you are doing, why you need a new wiki for it and what level
of privacy you require before anyone at the Foundation will be able to
decide whether to create a site for you. You can host your own
MediaWiki installations pretty easily too, so you may want to consider
that.