Semi-protection now enabled for all wikis

Semi-protection now enabled for all wikis

Brion Vibber
I've gone ahead and enabled the semi-protection level for all of our wikis.

A total of 16 had already explicitly requested it over the last couple months,
and I haven't heard from any site asking to keep the option on.

Unless it's actually used by the admins on a given site, there's no change in
behavior; it's just a middle-level option now available between unprotected and
sysops-only.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: [Wikipedia-l] Semi-protection now enabled for all wikis

Brion Vibber
Brion Vibber wrote:
> A total of 16 had already explicitly requested it over the last couple months,
> and I haven't heard from any site asking to keep the option on.

'... asking to keep the option off', rather. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)