Shopping

Deryck Chan

Is there any post office and supermarket near the venue? I am hoping to buy some postcards and other stuff...

Re: Shopping

Иванов Вячеслав
By the left corner and on the other side of Hanassi ave. there are several shops like that.

04.08.2011, 18:20, "Deryck Chan" <[hidden email]>:
> Is there any post office and supermarket near the venue? I am hoping to buy some postcards and other stuff...

Re: Shopping

Filip Maljković
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there any post office and supermarket near the venue? I am hoping to buy some postcards and other stuff...

There are some nice postcards in Hanassi street near Dan Panorama hotel and there's a post office in Wedgewood street (even nearer to the venue).

It's 4 NIS a postcard for postcards going to Europe.

Cheers,
Filip

Re: Shopping

Deryck Chan

And are there any supermarkets? I was asked to shop for some figs...

On Aug 4, 2011 5:32 PM, "Filip Maljković" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is there any post office and supermarket near the venue? I am hoping to buy
>> some postcards and other stuff...
>>
> There are some nice postcards in Hanassi street near Dan Panorama hotel and
> there's a post office in Wedgewood street (even nearer to the venue).
>
> It's 4 NIS a postcard for postcards going to Europe.
>
> Cheers,
> Filip

Re: Shopping

Bugzilla from shalev.tomer@gmail.com
See attached map which marks two supermarkets which are very close to the venue. One is located in the shopping center adjacent to the venue, and the other is in Carmel Center.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:

And are there any supermarkets? I was asked to shop for some figs...

On Aug 4, 2011 5:32 PM, "Filip Maljković" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is there any post office and supermarket near the venue? I am hoping to buy
>> some postcards and other stuff...
>>
> There are some nice postcards in Hanassi street near Dan Panorama hotel and
> there's a post office in Wedgewood street (even nearer to the venue).
>
> It's 4 NIS a postcard for postcards going to Europe.
>
> Cheers,
> Filip

supermarkets.png (416K) Download Attachment

Re: Shopping

Lodewijk
yes - if you exit the conference center, go left - right after the stairs, on your left there is a mall (before crossing any street). Go down the escalator and you'll find a supermarket.

(via Amir)

Lodewijk

2011/8/4 Deryck Chan <[hidden email]>

And are there any supermarkets? I was asked to shop for some figs...

On Aug 4, 2011 5:32 PM, "Filip Maljković" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is there any post office and supermarket near the venue? I am hoping to buy
>> some postcards and other stuff...
>>
> There are some nice postcards in Hanassi street near Dan Panorama hotel and
> there's a post office in Wedgewood street (even nearer to the venue).
>
> It's 4 NIS a postcard for postcards going to Europe.
>
> Cheers,
> Filip

Re: Shopping

Deryck Chan

Thank you, I'll try that tomorrow!

On Aug 4, 2011 8:26 PM, "Lodewijk" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> yes - if you exit the conference center, go left - right after the stairs,
> on your left there is a mall (before crossing any street). Go down the
> escalator and you'll find a supermarket.
>
> (via Amir)
>
> Lodewijk
>
> 2011/8/4 Deryck Chan <[hidden email]>
>
>> And are there any supermarkets? I was asked to shop for some figs...
>> On Aug 4, 2011 5:32 PM, "Filip Maljković" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> buy
>> >>
>> > There are some nice postcards in Hanassi street near Dan Panorama hotel
>> and
>> > there's a post office in Wedgewood street (even nearer to the venue).
>> >
>> > It's 4 NIS a postcard for postcards going to Europe.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Filip

Re: Shopping

Deryck Chan
For those of you who want to send postcards / other mail: there isn't a facility to "buy stamps" per se at the post office. You need to have your mail ready, take it to the post office (on Wedgwood Street), wait at the counter (expect 15min wait) and tell the teller where you want to send your mail. They'll attach the postal chop onto your mail directly and collect it at the counter.

On 4 August 2011 21:39, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you, I'll try that tomorrow!

On Aug 4, 2011 8:26 PM, "Lodewijk" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> yes - if you exit the conference center, go left - right after the stairs,
> on your left there is a mall (before crossing any street). Go down the
> escalator and you'll find a supermarket.
>
> (via Amir)
>
> Lodewijk
>
> 2011/8/4 Deryck Chan <[hidden email]>
>
>> And are there any supermarkets? I was asked to shop for some figs...
>> On Aug 4, 2011 5:32 PM, "Filip Maljković" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> buy
>> >>
>> > There are some nice postcards in Hanassi street near Dan Panorama hotel
>> and
>> > there's a post office in Wedgewood street (even nearer to the venue).
>> >
>> > It's 4 NIS a postcard for postcards going to Europe.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Filip

Re: Shopping

Filip Maljković

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
For those of you who want to send postcards / other mail: there isn't a facility to "buy stamps" per se at the post office. You need to have your mail ready, take it to the post office (on Wedgwood Street), wait at the counter (expect 15min wait) and tell the teller where you want to send your mail. They'll attach the postal chop onto your mail directly and collect it at the counter.

Or, if you have a lot of postcards, they'll "teach" you how to stick them and let you do all the work. ;)

I didn't wait at all in the queue, but that's maybe because I went at about 8:30 am.

Cheers,
Filip

Re: Shopping

Andrew Lih-2
2011/8/5 Filip Maljković <[hidden email]>:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For those of you who want to send postcards / other mail: there isn't a
>> facility to "buy stamps" per se at the post office. You need to have your
>> mail ready, take it to the post office (on Wedgwood Street), wait at the
>> counter (expect 15min wait) and tell the teller where you want to send your
>> mail. They'll attach the postal chop onto your mail directly and collect it
>> at the counter.
>
> Or, if you have a lot of postcards, they'll "teach" you how to stick them
> and let you do all the work. ;)

Is it true there is a special issue Wikipedia stamp worth collecting?

-Andrew

Re: Shopping

Jan-Bart de Vreede-2
yes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISRAEL-WIKIMANIA-2011-MACHINE-01-WIKIPEDIA-8-LABEL-FDC-/180706199920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a12edc970

Jan-Bart

On Aug 5, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Andrew Lih wrote:

> Is it true there is a special issue Wikipedia stamp worth collecting?
>
> -Andrew

Re: Shopping

Deryck Chan

The post office told us this morning that some special stamps will be available on Sunday! Not sure what they mean by that though.

On Aug 5, 2011 4:30 PM, "Andrew Lih" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2011/8/5 Filip Maljković <[hidden email]>:
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> For those of you who want to send postcards / other mail: there isn't a
>>> facility to "buy stamps" per se at the post office. You need to have your
>>> mail ready, take it to the post office (on Wedgwood Street), wait at the
>>> counter (expect 15min wait) and tell the teller where you want to send your
>>> mail. They'll attach the postal chop onto your mail directly and collect it
>>> at the counter.
>>
>> Or, if you have a lot of postcards, they'll "teach" you how to stick them
>> and let you do all the work. ;)
>
> Is it true there is a special issue Wikipedia stamp worth collecting?
>
> -Andrew

Re: Shopping

James Alexander-4
oooo WANT! If these are the stamps Deryck is talking about I need to find a way to get them.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Jan-Bart de Vreede <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISRAEL-WIKIMANIA-2011-MACHINE-01-WIKIPEDIA-8-LABEL-FDC-/180706199920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a12edc970

Jan-Bart

On Aug 5, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Andrew Lih wrote:

> Is it true there is a special issue Wikipedia stamp worth collecting?
>
> -Andrew

James Alexander
Business Analyst - Fundraising
Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Shopping

Manuel Schneider-3

On 05.08.2011 16:29, Andrew Lih wrote:

> Is it true there is a special issue Wikipedia stamp worth collecting?

there is a Wikimania stamp, yes!

/Manuel
--
Regards
Manuel Schneider

www.wikimedia.ch

Re: Shopping

Andrew Lih-2
Can someone go buy like 30 sets for attendees to buy at cost (or small markup)?

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Manuel Schneider
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05.08.2011 16:29, Andrew Lih wrote:
>>
>> Is it true there is a special issue Wikipedia stamp worth collecting?
>
> there is a Wikimania stamp, yes!
>

> /Manuel
> --
> Regards
> Manuel Schneider
>
> Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
> www.wikimedia.ch

Re: Shopping

Gábor Hanák
I second that!

Gábor

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05.08.2011 16:29, Andrew Lih wrote:
>>
>> Is it true there is a special issue Wikipedia stamp worth collecting?
>
> there is a Wikimania stamp, yes!
>

> /Manuel
> --
> Regards
> Manuel Schneider
>
> Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
> www.wikimedia.ch

Re: Shopping

Srikeit-2

Thirded!

--
Srikeit Tadepalli
+91-8308253883

Sent from Android

On 05-Aug-2011 5:14 PM, "Gábor Hanák" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I second that!
>
> Gábor
>
> 2011/8/5 Andrew Lih <[hidden email]>
>
>> Can someone go buy like 30 sets for attendees to buy at cost (or small
>> markup)?
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Manuel Schneider
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > there is a Wikimania stamp, yes!
>> >

>> > /Manuel
>> > --
>> > Regards
>> > Manuel Schneider
>> >
>> > Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
>> > Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
>> > www.wikimedia.ch

Re: Shopping

James Alexander-4
Yeah, I really want to find a way to get some of these and send off post cards for people but it's going to be tough to get to the post office I think. I imagine they are probably closed tomorrow (and may not have them if they are) and Sunday the Jerusalem trip is gone from 0800-2100 and so the office will probably be closed :(

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05.08.2011 16:29, Andrew Lih wrote:
>>
>> Is it true there is a special issue Wikipedia stamp worth collecting?
>
> there is a Wikimania stamp, yes!
>

> /Manuel
> --
> Regards
> Manuel Schneider
>
> Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
> www.wikimedia.ch

James Alexander
Business Analyst - Fundraising
Wikimedia Foundation