Showing part of an article into a table

Tremal
Hi!

In the Main Page of Wikipedia ther are sections like "Today's featured
article" which shows part of an article and a tag called "more..." I've
studied the code, but I don't undertand it. How can I do some similar? My
objective is show part of another wiki page in my own main page. I don't
need the aleatory selection of a page of the day. Thanks!

Re: Showing part of an article into a table

nevio carlos de alarcão
I think you should do it manually by coping part of the wanted article and
posting on the main page with an internal link to the article.
Att

2010/2/16 Juan Jesús Cremades Monserrat <[hidden email]>

> Hi!
>
> In the Main Page of Wikipedia ther are sections like "Today's featured
> article" which shows part of an article and a tag called "more..." I've
> studied the code, but I don't undertand it. How can I do some similar? My
> objective is show part of another wiki page in my own main page. I don't
> need the aleatory selection of a page of the day. Thanks!

{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: Showing part of an article into a table

Jan Steinman
> From: Juan Jes?s Cremades Monserrat <[hidden email]>
>
> In the Main Page of Wikipedia ther are sections like "Today's featured
> article" which shows part of an article and a tag called "more..."
> I've
> studied the code, but I don't undertand it. How can I do some
> similar? My
> objective is show part of another wiki page in my own main page. I
> don't
> need the aleatory selection of a page of the day. Thanks!

Not sure how they're doing it, but you might check out the DPL
extension.

We use that on our home page to transclude a short section of a random
page:

{{note|<dpl> namespace= includepage=* includemaxlength=600
escapelinks=false resultsheader=__NOTOC__ __NOEDITSECTION__
randomcount=1 mode=userformat addpagecounter=true listseparators=<h2>A
Random Selection From Page: , [[%PAGE%]]</h2>,,\n\n </dpl>}}

Would that there were an award for people who come to understand the
concept of enough. Good enough. Successful enough. Thin enough. Rich
enough... When you have self-respect you have enough, and when you
have enough you have self-respect. -- Gail Sheehy