Shutting down deprecated rest.wikimedia.org by September 1st

Shutting down deprecated rest.wikimedia.org by September 1st

Gabriel Wicke-3
We are going to finally switch off the deprecated domain rest.wikimedia.org
by September 1st. This should not affect any REST API users, as this domain
has been officially deprecated since January & sunset since April [1].
Since then, requests to that domain have returned an error informing users
about the move.

Access to the REST API is exclusively through the main project domains,
following the following pattern:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/api/rest_v1/?doc

Thank you for your cooperation,

--
Gabriel Wicke
Principal Engineer, Wikimedia Foundation

[1]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2016-April/085309.html

Re: [Services] Shutting down deprecated rest.wikimedia.org by September 1st

Marko Obrovac
Hello,

FYI, we have removed the DNS record, and as of today, the domain
rest.wikimedia.org is no longer operational.

Cheers,
Marko

On 22 July 2016 at 16:58, Gabriel Wicke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are going to finally switch off the deprecated domain
> rest.wikimedia.org by September 1st. This should not affect any REST API
> users, as this domain has been officially deprecated since January & sunset
> since April [1]. Since then, requests to that domain have returned an error
> informing users about the move.
>
> Access to the REST API is exclusively through the main project domains,
> following the following pattern:
>
>   https://en.wikipedia.org/api/rest_v1/?doc
>
> Thank you for your cooperation,
>
> --
> Gabriel Wicke
> Principal Engineer, Wikimedia Foundation
>
> [1]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2016-
> April/085309.html

Marko Obrovac, PhD
Senior Services Engineer