Slider UI in semantic form

Jude jonassaint-2
Hello,

has any one use or know how to use a slider UI to enter data into a
semantic form?
JUde

Re: Slider UI in semantic form

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Jude,

I'm not aware of any slider input for Semantic Forms, though it would be
great if one existed.

-Yaron

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Jude Jonassaint <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> has any one use or know how to use a slider UI to enter data into a
> semantic form?
> JUde

Re: Slider UI in semantic form

Jude jonassaint-2
Hi Yaron:

How hard would it be to implement one? I need to use an analog scale.
Jude

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Yaron Koren <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jude,
>
> I'm not aware of any slider input for Semantic Forms, though it would be
> great if one existed.
>
> -Yaron
>
> On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Jude Jonassaint <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> has any one use or know how to use a slider UI to enter data into a
>> semantic form?
>> JUde

Re: Slider UI in semantic form

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Jude,

It probably wouldn't be that hard to implement - it would probably use this
functionality:

http://jqueryui.com/demos/slider/

I'm not sure whether it would belong better in SF or SFI - probably SFI.

One interesting question is which other parameters it would take. You would
of course need to specify a minimum and maximum value, but it could, for
instance, allow only integers, or only numbers with some increment. And you
could let the number include a unit, or a currency...

In any case, I'm not saying I would do this work - I'm just throwing out
ideas. :) But I hope that it gets done, in one way or another.

-Yaron

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Jude Jonassaint <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Yaron:
>
> How hard would it be to implement one? I need to use an analog scale.
> Jude
>
> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Yaron Koren <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Jude,
> >
> > I'm not aware of any slider input for Semantic Forms, though it would be
> > great if one existed.
> >
> > -Yaron
> >
> > On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Jude Jonassaint <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> has any one use or know how to use a slider UI to enter data into a
> >> semantic form?
> >> JUde

> >> Live Security Virtual Conference
> >> Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
> >> threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
> Discussions
> >> will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
> malware
> >> threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/

> > WikiWorks · MediaWiki Consulting · http://wikiworks.com

multiple values in data type binary? How to filter on pages without an attribute?

Dade Christian
Hi,

given scenario to filter on pages, where some action (here: quality check) had not been carried out, that is, some attribute is not set on the page. As to my knowledge this cannot be done directly, I tried to use a default assignment on a template:

"unchecked page"
---------------
{{page_template}}
---------------

"checked page"
---------------
{{page_template}}
{{#set:checked=true}}
---------------

"template:page_template"
---------------
{{#set:checked=false}}
---------------

"property:checked"
---------------
[[has type::binary]]
---------------

To my understanding, the attribute "checked" should be on a default value "false" for every page using the template "page_template". Reassigning the value (to "true") should change the value of a binary. In fact, the attribute "checked" on the page "checked page" has two values: "true" and "false". So the following page would deliver "true" and "false" for the page "checked page".

"unchecked pages"
---------------
{{#ask:
|?checked
}}
---------------

Did I get something wrong here? How do you filter on pages, where a given attribute is not set?

Best regards

Christian

Re: Slider UI in semantic form

david mason-2
I've had very good success augmenting wikis using MediaWiki:Common.js (no
need to edit local files). It's quite easy considering JQuery is built into
MW. You can see how this is bootstrapped at
http://atip.wikify.ca/mw/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.js&action=edit(the
view is on the front page).

This seems like a great way of extended SMW without 'low-level' code, a
useful library of js-level features can be shared. It would help a bit if
we could pass class / IDs to SMW form elements rather than having to
enclose them.

However, I'd strongly suggest people build on
accessible<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility>libraries. Along
with sincerely enabling some people, and providing nice
features like keyboard navigation, it wil also qualify your work in
environments such as government, public business, etc.

http://access.aol.com/aegis/#goto_slider is an example of an accessible kit
that includes a slider.

David

Hi Jude,

> It probably wouldn't be that hard to implement - it would probably use this
> functionality:
>
> http://jqueryui.com/demos/slider/
>
> I'm not sure whether it would belong better in SF or SFI - probably SFI.
>
> One interesting question is which other parameters it would take. You would
> of course need to specify a minimum and maximum value, but it could, for
> instance, allow only integers, or only numbers with some increment. And you
> could let the number include a unit, or a currency...
>
> In any case, I'm not saying I would do this work - I'm just throwing out
> ideas. :) But I hope that it gets done, in one way or another.
>
> -Yaron
>
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Jude Jonassaint <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Yaron:
> >
> > How hard would it be to implement one? I need to use an analog scale.
> > Jude
> >
> > On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Yaron Koren <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi Jude,
> > >
> > > I'm not aware of any slider input for Semantic Forms, though it would
> be
> > > great if one existed.
> > >
> > > -Yaron
> > >
> > > On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Jude Jonassaint <
> [hidden email]

Re: multiple values in data type binary? How to filter on pages without an attribute?

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Christian,

Why not make "checked" be a parameter for the "page_template" template, so
that the template can set the property accordingly?

-Yaron

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Dade Christian <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> given scenario to filter on pages, where some action (here: quality check)
> had not been carried out, that is, some attribute is not set on the page.
> As to my knowledge this cannot be done directly, I tried to use a default
> assignment on a template:
>
> "unchecked page"
> ---------------
> {{page_template}}
> ---------------
>
> "checked page"
> ---------------
> {{page_template}}
> {{#set:checked=true}}
> ---------------
>
> "template:page_template"
> ---------------
> {{#set:checked=false}}
> ---------------
>
> "property:checked"
> ---------------
> [[has type::binary]]
> ---------------
>
> To my understanding, the attribute "checked" should be on a default value
> "false" for every page using the template "page_template". Reassigning the
> value (to "true") should change the value of a binary. In fact, the
> attribute "checked" on the page "checked page" has two values: "true" and
> "false". So the following page would deliver "true" and "false" for the
> page "checked page".
>
> "unchecked pages"
> ---------------
> {{#ask:
> |?checked
> }}
> ---------------
>
> Did I get something wrong here? How do you filter on pages, where a given
> attribute is not set?
>
> Best regards
>
> Christian

Re: multiple values in data type binary? How to filter on pages without an attribute?

Dade Christian
Hi,

thank you. I changed the code, what is working fine in a szenario, where every page has a template (see below). Is there a way to list all pages that do not use a given template?

Best regards

Christian

"unchecked page"
---------------
{{page_template}}
---------------

"checked page"
---------------
{{page_template
|p_checked=true
}}
---------------

"template:page_template"
---------------
{{#if:{{{p_checked}}}|{{#set:checked=true}}|{{#set:checked=false}}}}
---------------

"property:checked"
---------------
[[has type::binary]]
---------------

"unchecked pages"
---------------
{{#ask:
|?checked
}}
---------------

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Dade Christian <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi,

given scenario to filter on pages, where some action (here: quality check) had not been carried out, that is, some attribute is not set on the page. As to my knowledge this cannot be done directly, I tried to use a default assignment on a template:

"unchecked page"
---------------
{{page_template}}
---------------

"checked page"
---------------
{{page_template}}
{{#set:checked=true}}
---------------

"template:page_template"
---------------
{{#set:checked=false}}
---------------

"property:checked"
[[has type::binary]]

To my understanding, the attribute "checked" should be on a default value "false" for every page using the template "page_template". Reassigning the value (to "true") should change the value of a binary. In fact, the attribute "checked" on the page "checked page" has two values: "true" and "false". So the following page would deliver "true" and "false" for the page "checked page".

"unchecked pages"
{{#ask:
|?checked
}}