Small Wiki Toolkits at Wikimania 2019

Srishti Sethi
Hello everyone,

We want to share with you about the Small Wiki Toolkits, one of the focus areas planned for Wikimania Hackathon 2019. Some activities in this focus area will also be conducted at the main Wikimania conference. With this focus area, we hope to support wikis & their communities who don’t have many technical contributors and help to connect developers and editors from different wikis.

Editors and developers alike are invited to drop by, bring questions, offer & get technical support - for example on wiki configuration settings, bots, gadgets, templates - & meet during Hackathon & Wikimania to exchange on a variety of topics :-)

You can contribute to different areas of this focus area: Hacking, Documentation and Technical Support. Read more here for details: https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Small_wiki_toolkits.

Between now and until Wikimania, here are some things that you can do to get started and to connect with fellow participants:
See you soon at Wikimania! :)

Cheers,
Srishti

Srishti Sethi
Developer Advocate

WikiMania registration & fraudulent credit card use

Liz 99
Hello, Wiki folks,

This is an unpleasant message to have to send. But, immediately after registering for WikiMania and booking a hotel room this week, the credit card I was using was fraudulently used for about a dozen purchases on Amazon. Small stuff really, each between $10 and $50. This was a credit card that had not been used before and that I was only using for purchases regarding this trip (conference registration, hotel and airplane ticket). I have never had this happen to me before with a credit card.

So, either someone associated with the Wikimania registration provider or with the hotel had access to my credit card data. I am also contacting the hotel where the registration was made in case the information was taken from that site. I should say that it isn't the Stockholm hotel associated with this conference but another one in a different city.

The credit card company refunded the cost for all of these purchases so I'm not out any money. And I am really looking forward to this trip! But I just wanted to alert WMF and encourage other conference goers to check their credit card statements in case there are any issues with the registration provider.

Thanks! And I look forward to seeing you all next month in Stockholm!

Liz