So, I was wondering ...

David Gerard-2
... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

- d.

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Gregory Maxwell
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:18 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

English Wikipedians or German Wikipedians?

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Risker

> ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?
>

> - d.

I'd tell you, but it would be original research.

Risker

Re: So, I was wondering ...

On 10/04/2008, Gregory Maxwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:18 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  > ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

> English Wikipedians or German Wikipedians?

Answer freely.

(and please answer your mail!)

- d.

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Thomas Dalton
> ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

One. See [[WP:BOLD]]. Of course, someone might change it back, and
then all hell breaks loose.

(Is that too boring an answer?)

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Judson Dunn-2
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 5:18 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

t=2^n

where t is time in minutes, and n is the number of wikipedians involved. :P
(not tested!)

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Eugene van der Pijll
David Gerard schreef:
> .... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

3 [citation needed].

Eugene

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Bugzilla from tracy.poff@gmail.com
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:18 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

It's [[WP:NOT#DEMOCRACY|not]] the number of Wikipedians that counts,
it's the policy-based reasoning that [[WP:PROCESS|matters]].
Unfortunately, the question is moot, since all the lightbulbs are
threaded clockwise and all the sockets counterclockwise.

(Incidentally, did anyone know that [[wp:process]] and [[WP:PROCESS]]
go to different places? A maze of twisty little passages, all
different...)

--
Tracy Poff
http://sopoforic.blogspot.com/

Re: So, I was wondering ...

James Farrar
> ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

Only one, but then he gets taken to ArbCom for vandalism.

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Philip Sandifer-2

On Apr 10, 2008, at 6:18 PM, David Gerard wrote:

> {{delete|A7}}

-Phil

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Alex Sawczynec
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:18 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

You'd need one first to bring up changing the lightbulb on the talk page,
several more to debate it, one to propose [[Wikipedia:Changing
lightbulbs/Noticeboard]] and some others to accuse that one of process
creeping, yet another to accuse the first person of being an anti-lightbulb
POV pusher...

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Usamah M. Ali
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a lightbulb in Wikipedia's cult?

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 2:27 AM, Alex Sawczynec <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:18 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?
>  >

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Thomas Dalton
On 11/04/2008, Alex Sawczynec <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:18 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?
>  >
>  >

>  You'd need one first to bring up changing the lightbulb on the talk page,
>  several more to debate it, one to propose [[Wikipedia:Changing
>  lightbulbs/Noticeboard]] and some others to accuse that one of process
>  creeping, yet another to accuse the first person of being an anti-lightbulb
>  POV pusher...

Unless the lightbulb is of a reddish pink colour, in which case all
discussion can be deleted and the wrong lightbulb protected.

Re: So, I was wondering ...

michael west-3

> On 11/04/2008, Alex Sawczynec <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:18 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >  > ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?
> >  >
> >  >

> >  You'd need one first to bring up changing the lightbulb on the talk
> page,
> >  several more to debate it, one to propose [[Wikipedia:Changing
> >  lightbulbs/Noticeboard]] and some others to accuse that one of process
> >  creeping, yet another to accuse the first person of being an
> anti-lightbulb
> >  POV pusher...
>

> Unless the lightbulb is of a reddish pink colour, in which case all
> discussion can be deleted and the wrong lightbulb protected.

Two we'll get Fred to argue that lightbulds aren't necessary so the whole
thing is mute.

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Elias Friedman
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:19 PM, michael west <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/04/2008, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/04/2008, Alex Sawczynec <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:18 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > >  > ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?
> > >  >
> > >  >

> > >  You'd need one first to bring up changing the lightbulb on the talk
> > page,
> > >  several more to debate it, one to propose [[Wikipedia:Changing
> > >  lightbulbs/Noticeboard]] and some others to accuse that one of
> process
> > >  creeping, yet another to accuse the first person of being an
> > anti-lightbulb
> > >  POV pusher...
> >

> > Unless the lightbulb is of a reddish pink colour, in which case all
> > discussion can be deleted and the wrong lightbulb protected.
>

> Two we'll get Fred to argue that lightbulds aren't necessary so the whole
> thing is mute.

But is it a notable light bulb? It should be brought up at XfD especially
since the last person who changed it was an anon who wrote "poop" all over
it.

--
Elias Friedman A.S., EMT-P
President Congregation Knesseth Israel

[hidden email]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Elipongo

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Bryan Derksen
Elias Friedman wrote:
> But is it a notable light bulb? It should be brought up at XfD especially
> since the last person who changed it was an anon who wrote "poop" all over
> it.

Let's just merge and redirect all lightbulbs into the Sun, no need to
bother XfD that way.

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Rich Holton
In order to change the lightbulb and make certain that the change is the
*right* change requires the participation of the entire community.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Bryan Derksen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Elias Friedman wrote:
>
> > But is it a notable light bulb? It should be brought up at XfD
> > especially
> > since the last person who changed it was an anon who wrote "poop" all
> > over
> > it.
> >

> Let's just merge and redirect all lightbulbs into the Sun, no need to
> bother XfD that way.

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Bryan Derksen
Rich Holton wrote:
> In order to change the lightbulb and make certain that the change is the
> *right* change requires the participation of the entire community.

It's lightcruft. I'm going to go ahead and merge it into the Sun, if
people still want that room lighted afterward they can use a mirror.

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Ian Woollard
> ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?

I suggest you discuss changing it on the talk page, lightbulb has been
locked due to edit warring.

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.

Re: So, I was wondering ...

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
> ... how many Wikipedians does it take to change a lightbulb?
>

> - d.

Well, all of them, naturally, but the actual lightbulb will remain
broken, as all the wikipedians just keep twiddling the bulb,
without ever ending with the perfect light bulb, until we can
finally pass it through FAC, when we have found a reliable
light-source for it.

On the other side, the suggestion is a positive one, we
do need more people interested in adding light rather than
heat, in some of the compartments of wikipedia.

Another well worn option would be just adding candle-stubs,
and leaving the light bulb alone.