Some problems with wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent...

Some problems with wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent...

Elliott F. Cable
So I'm trying to make this work... I don't quite know how to explain
what I'm trying to do, best I can do is give you the code. I'm not a
great programmer, I just hack at things (and kick when the axe gets
dull) till they work, but that approach has failed me here - what am
I doing wrong?

> /* Peer start */
> /**
> * Get a message from the language file, for the content, and parse
> wiki into HTML
> */
> function wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent( $key ) {
> global $wgForceUIMsgAsContentMsg;
> $args = func_get_args();
> array_shift( $args );
> $forcontent = true;
> if( is_array( $wgForceUIMsgAsContentMsg ) &&
> in_array( $key, $wgForceUIMsgAsContentMsg ) )
> $forcontent = false;
> $msg = wfMsgReal( $key, $args, false, $forcontent );
> return $msg;
> // return $wgOut->parse( $msg, true );
> }
> /* Peer end */

The last commented out return is what I actually tried to do, but
when I stick <?php echo( wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent( 'tools' ) ) ?> in
the skin somewhere, everything breaks, and nothing at all appears
below that in the source of the page, making me assume I somehow
crashed PHP or ended mediawiki's entire process or something - what
am I missing? As long as I leave the last line commented out, the
second-to-last makes it function exactly as wfMsgNoDBForContent,
which, more or less, doesn't work for the circumstances but is better
than a blank page below the control bar... any help that I could get?

Re: Some problems with wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent...

Elliott F. Cable
Bump, or whatever the mailing-list equivalent is.

On Jun 4, 2006, at 10:32 PM, Elliott F. Cable wrote:

> So I'm trying to make this work... I don't quite know how to explain
> what I'm trying to do, best I can do is give you the code. I'm not a
> great programmer, I just hack at things (and kick when the axe gets
> dull) till they work, but that approach has failed me here - what am
> I doing wrong?
>
>> /* Peer start */
>> /**
>> * Get a message from the language file, for the content, and parse
>> wiki into HTML
>> */
>> function wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent( $key ) {
>> global $wgForceUIMsgAsContentMsg;
>> $args = func_get_args();
>> array_shift( $args );
>> $forcontent = true;
>> if( is_array( $wgForceUIMsgAsContentMsg ) &&
>> in_array( $key, $wgForceUIMsgAsContentMsg ) )
>> $forcontent = false;
>> $msg = wfMsgReal( $key, $args, false, $forcontent );
>> return $msg;
>> // return $wgOut->parse( $msg, true );
>> }
>> /* Peer end */
>
> The last commented out return is what I actually tried to do, but
> when I stick <?php echo( wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent( 'tools' ) ) ?> in
> the skin somewhere, everything breaks, and nothing at all appears
> below that in the source of the page, making me assume I somehow
> crashed PHP or ended mediawiki's entire process or something - what
> am I missing? As long as I leave the last line commented out, the
> second-to-last makes it function exactly as wfMsgNoDBForContent,
> which, more or less, doesn't work for the circumstances but is better
> than a blank page below the control bar... any help that I could get?

Re: Some problems with wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent...

Brion Vibber
Elliott F. Cable wrote:
> Bump, or whatever the mailing-list equivalent is.

If you repeat yourself every five hours, you're just going to get kicked off the
list for pissing everyone off. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Some problems with wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent...

Elliott F. Cable
Never done that before - it's somewhat of an emergency, and nobody
can answer it that I've asked - I think that accusation is unfounded (-:

On Jun 5, 2006, at 3:36 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:

> Elliott F. Cable wrote:
>> Bump, or whatever the mailing-list equivalent is.
>
> If you repeat yourself every five hours, you're just going to get
> kicked off the
> list for pissing everyone off. :)
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Some problems with wfMsgWikiNoDBForContent...

Rick DeNatale
On 6/5/06, Elliott F. Cable <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Never done that before - it's somewhat of an emergency, and nobody
> can answer it that I've asked - I think that accusation is unfounded (-:

Perhaps your question wasn't asked in a way to help someone actually
answer it.

Rick DeNatale