Special Characters box on Edit page

Tony Bowden-3

I'm trying to work out how to customise the Edit page to have a Special
Characters insert box, as on Wikipedia, but I'm not having much success
finding out where to add it. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Re: Special Characters box on Edit page

Rob Church
MediaWiki:Edittools and the CharInsert extension.

Rob Church

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:32:59PM +0000, Rob Church wrote:
> > I'm trying to work out how to customise the Edit page to have a Special
> > Characters insert box, as on Wikipedia, but I'm not having much success
> > finding out where to add it. Any pointers would be much appreciated.
> MediaWiki:Edittools and the CharInsert extension.

Thanks.

I actually had to add the charinsert calls to Copyrightwarning
rather than Edittools. Did I miss a step, or is this something that is
changing in a newer release of Mediawiki? (I'm on 1.5.4)

Tony

Re: Special Characters box on Edit page

Rob Church
The MediaWiki:Edittools message was added in 1.6; the workaround for
1.5 is to use the message you did.

Rob Church