Special:RunQuery embedding problems with title and headers - work rounds or resolution?

Special:RunQuery embedding problems with title and headers - work rounds or resolution?

Emma Cliffe

Dear All,

I believe that this is a repeat of
http://sourceforge.net/p/semediawiki/mailman/message/33552994/ which had
no replies but perhaps someone knows more now.

I wish to embed a query form into page Test1. If I do this via e.g.
{{Special:RunQuery/Search}}
on a page which contains no user defined headers then the title of the
page becomes Special:RunQuery/Search rather than, in this case, Test1,
as expected.

If the page content is
==Test title==
{{Special:RunQuery/Search}}
then as well as the above I end up with
UNIQa18125d99d09c9fa-h-0--QINUTest title as the title.

This appears to have been reported in devel at least once e.g.
http://sourceforge.net/p/semediawiki/mailman/message/32908837/ though I
can't locate the bug report - I wondered if there was any resolution or
known work rounds? The wiki I am editing is hosted at Referata so I am
interested in work rounds I can use as a user only!

I am aware of the work round of using
<h2>Test</h2>
{{Special:RunQuery/Search}}
which means you don't have UNIQ-QINU everywhere but this doesn't deal
with the overwriting of the page title - is there a way to work round
for this?

More importantly: Are these symptoms of something so problematic
occurring underneath that we simply should never embed a form even if we
can work round the symptoms?

Thanks,
Emma

Re: Special:RunQuery embedding problems with title and headers - work rounds or resolution?

Cavila Contrafibularity
This is probably related to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T51302, where 'Daniel5000' suggested using DISPLAYTITLE as a possible workaround. Does that help?

Best,
Cav