Sponsorpship opportunity for WMCH? OKFest July 2014, Berlin

Sponsorpship opportunity for WMCH? OKFest July 2014, Berlin

Yann Heurtaux
http://2014.okfestival.org/support/
WDYT?

I'll be there on my own, would be happy to go/meet there with fellow WMCH members.

--
- Yann Heurtaux
+41 78 845 9266

Re: Sponsorpship opportunity for WMCH? OKFest July 2014, Berlin

Charles Andrès-2
Most likely the WMF will already support the event.

For personal support to attend the event, Wikimedia CH has its own budget, but the actual policy in the movement is to support "active participation" to non-wikimedia event.

It give me the opportunity to remind that if a Wikimedian want to participate to a non-wikimedia event by giving a talk or running a workshop, Wikimedia CH is giving scholarships through the TPS program: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:TPS

Sincerely

Charles

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch

Le 11 juin 2014 à 14:20, Yann Heurtaux <[hidden email]> a écrit :

http://2014.okfestival.org/support/
WDYT?

I'll be there on my own, would be happy to go/meet there with fellow WMCH members.

--
- Yann Heurtaux
+41 78 845 9266

Re: Sponsorpship opportunity for WMCH? OKFest July 2014, Berlin

Yann Heurtaux
Charles,

Would you be so kind to please double-check it with the WMF please? There's no sponsors list on their website yet.

Also, did WMCH members proposed/prepared yet at last a fringe event? I'm going for other pro reasons, so I didn't, but would be glad to hear about other initiatives amongst our members.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Charles Andrès <[hidden email]> wrote:
Most likely the WMF will already support the event.

For personal support to attend the event, Wikimedia CH has its own budget, but the actual policy in the movement is to support "active participation" to non-wikimedia event.

It give me the opportunity to remind that if a Wikimedian want to participate to a non-wikimedia event by giving a talk or running a workshop, Wikimedia CH is giving scholarships through the TPS program: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:TPS

Sincerely

Charles

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch
IRC://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-ch

Le 11 juin 2014 à 14:20, Yann Heurtaux <[hidden email]> a écrit :

http://2014.okfestival.org/support/
WDYT?

I'll be there on my own, would be happy to go/meet there with fellow WMCH members.

--
- Yann Heurtaux
+41 78 845 9266

- Yann Heurtaux
+41 78 845 9266

Re: Sponsorpship opportunity for WMCH? OKFest July 2014, Berlin

Estermann Beat

Hi Yann,

For your information: I’m organising a workshop in relation with the OpenGLAM Benchmark Survey and giving a short talk at a fringe event on Tuesday addressing German GLAMs (the goal is to set up an OpenGLAM working group/network in Germany – similar to the ones in the Netherlands, in Finland, or in Switzerland).

Cheers,

Beat