Stats of mediawiki API

viviana paga
Hi all,

I'm working on a webservice that use the Mediawiki API and I'd like to have some stats about the traffic of my api calls to the commons.wikipedia.org domain.

In particular, I'd like to have the number of GET Requests by Api-User-Agent, the number of views/edit by Api-User-Agent and the stats of the Wikipedia traffic from inbound links by a specif domain or url.

Is this possible somehow?

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Viviana

Re: Stats of mediawiki API

Gergo Tisza
On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 9:11 AM viviana paga <[hidden email]> wrote:
In particular, I'd like to have the number of GET Requests by Api-User-Agent, the number of views/edit by Api-User-Agent and the stats of the Wikipedia traffic from inbound links by a specif domain or url.

That data exists but is not publicly available. Researchers can get access to it, via the process described at [1], although that is meant for access to more sensitive data, not just a few aggregated numbers. Still, Wikimedia Research is probably the best group to ask permission from.

Re: Stats of mediawiki API

Jencie Arnold
Hello sorry it took me so long to respond. I forgot my pw and it won't send me a link to change it even though I've requested it several times. Can you help me with that?