Status of the Licensing tutorial translation

Status of the Licensing tutorial translation

Guillaume Paumier-3
Dear all,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for all your work and help for the
translation of the Licensing tutorial. It is now available in 24
languages! See the fully localized graphics on Commons:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimedia_Commons_licensing_tutorial

Translations and localization in the following languages have been
completed thanks to you:
العربية | Български | বাংলা | Català | Česky | Dansk | Deutsch |
Ελληνικά | English | Español | Suomi | Français | עברית | Italiano | 日
本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | ‪Norsk (bokmål)‬ | Polski |
Português | Română | Русский | Tiếng Việt | Svenska | ‪中文(简体)‬

Translations in the following languages need to be checked by another
translator before they're included into the graphics:
Brezhoneg (Breton) | Lietuvių (Lithuanian) | Nederlands (Dutch)

Translations in the following languages are still missing:
हिन्दी (Hindi) | Interlingua | /ქართული (Georgian) | 한국어 (Korean) |
Lëtzebuergesch (Luxembourgish) | /मराठी (Marathi) | සිංහල (Sinhalese)
| Kiswahili (Swahili) | தமிழ் (Tamil) | తెలుగు  (Telugu)  |  中文(繁體)‬
(Traditional Chinese)

To help translate or proofread a translation, please refer to the hub
page for the translation of the licensing tutorial:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_tutorial

If your language was not listed in this email, it means your language
was not in the "priority languages" (i.e. the biggest communities, and
those who have disabled uploads to their local wikis). Nonetheless, we'd
be really glad to produce a localized tutorial if you translate the text
into your language. The more translations, the better!

As always, I'm available to answer questions on or off list, should you
have any.

Many thanks,

--
Guillaume Paumier
Product manager - Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Status of the Licensing tutorial translation

George Mel
 I knew nothing about the Georgian translation. Where is the original of this image with editable text?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Guillaume Paumier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for all your work and help for the
translation of the Licensing tutorial. It is now available in 24
languages! See the fully localized graphics on Commons:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimedia_Commons_licensing_tutorial

Translations and localization in the following languages have been
completed thanks to you:
العربية | Български | বাংলা | Català | Česky | Dansk | Deutsch |
Ελληνικά | English | Español | Suomi | Français | עברית | Italiano | 日
本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | ‪Norsk (bokmål)‬ | Polski |
Português | Română | Русский | Tiếng Việt | Svenska | ‪中文(简体)‬

Translations in the following languages need to be checked by another
translator before they're included into the graphics:
Brezhoneg (Breton) | Lietuvių (Lithuanian) | Nederlands (Dutch)

Translations in the following languages are still missing:
हिन्दी (Hindi) | Interlingua | /ქართული (Georgian) | 한국어 (Korean) |
Lëtzebuergesch (Luxembourgish) | /मराठी (Marathi) | සිංහල (Sinhalese)
| Kiswahili (Swahili) | தமிழ் (Tamil) | తెలుగు  (Telugu)  |  中文(繁體)‬
(Traditional Chinese)

To help translate or proofread a translation, please refer to the hub
page for the translation of the licensing tutorial:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_tutorial

If your language was not listed in this email, it means your language
was not in the "priority languages" (i.e. the biggest communities, and
those who have disabled uploads to their local wikis). Nonetheless, we'd
be really glad to produce a localized tutorial if you translate the text
into your language. The more translations, the better!

As always, I'm available to answer questions on or off list, should you
have any.

Many thanks,

--
Guillaume Paumier
Product manager - Wikimedia Foundation
Support free knowledge: http://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: Status of the Licensing tutorial translation

Guillaume Paumier-3
Hello George,

Le mardi 18 janvier 2011 à 17:04 +0400, George Mel a écrit :
>  I knew nothing about the Georgian translation. Where is the original
> of this image with editable text?

The original English version is located at:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Licensing_tutorial_en.svg

However, if at all possible, it's better to translate the text first on
meta, so that the translation can be proofread by another translator:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_tutorial

If you think it'll be difficult to find another Georgian translator, and
if you feel comfortable editing the SVG file yourself, then you can
localize the file as well, but you should still add the translated text
to meta, in order for us to have the text available if we need it in the
future (for example to create a version of the tutorial for blind
people).

Thanks for your help!

--
Guillaume Paumier
Product manager - Wikimedia Foundation
Support free knowledge: http://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: Status of the Licensing tutorial translation

Casey Brown-5
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Guillaume Paumier
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> 中文(繁體)‬
> (Traditional Chinese)

I converted the Simplified translation into Traditional, so zh-hant is
now ready: <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_tutorial/zh-hant>

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023