Strange Visual Editor Diff

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Strange Visual Editor Diff

Derric Atzrott
Where do we send diffs from Visual Editor that look strange?

 

Such as this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Polycarbonate&diff=prev&oldid=5646183
11

 

Thank you,

Derric Atzrott

Computer Specialist

Alizee Pathology

 

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Strange Visual Editor Diff

Amir E. Aharoni
The link arrived broken. Here's an attempt to unbreak it:
http://j.mp/12VNTD6

And Bugzilla is probably the right place.

I suspect that I saw similar comments already, about mysteriously
deleted templates, but I can't point to a particular reported bug, so
reporting it won't hurt.

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni · אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי
http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬


2013/7/17 Derric Atzrott <[hidden email]>:

> Where do we send diffs from Visual Editor that look strange?
>
>
>
> Such as this one:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Polycarbonate&diff=prev&oldid=5646183
> 11
>
>
>
> Thank you,
>
> Derric Atzrott
>
> Computer Specialist
>
> Alizee Pathology
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikitech-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l

_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Strange Visual Editor Diff

Derric Atzrott
>> Where do we send diffs from Visual Editor that look strange?
>>
>> Such as this one:
>> [snip]
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Derric Atzrott
>> Computer Specialist
>> Alizee Pathology
>
>The link arrived broken. Here's an attempt to unbreak it:
>http://j.mp/12VNTD6
>
>And Bugzilla is probably the right place.
>
>I suspect that I saw similar comments already, about mysteriously
>deleted templates, but I can't point to a particular reported bug, so
>reporting it won't hurt.

You correctly fixed the link.  I'll report it on Bugzilla.  It appears that
along with breaking a template, an entire chunk of the article was copy/pasted
to the bottom of the article.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Strange Visual Editor Diff

C. Scott Ananian
In reply to this post by Amir E. Aharoni
Yes, bugzilla is the right choice.  Usually select 'visual editor' as the
component, and the VE guys will triage them over to the Parsoid component
if it's really our fault.

Reproducible bugs are much more useful than "odd looking diffs" though --
if you think you know how the odd diff came about, doing a standalone
reproduction in your sandbox and describing how you made that happen in the
bug report is much more useful than just linking to a random diff.
 --scott

--
(http://cscott.net)
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Strange Visual Editor Diff

Risker
In reply to this post by Derric Atzrott
On 17 July 2013 15:34, Derric Atzrott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> Where do we send diffs from Visual Editor that look strange?
> >>
> >> Such as this one:
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Derric Atzrott
> >> Computer Specialist
> >> Alizee Pathology
> >
> >The link arrived broken. Here's an attempt to unbreak it:
> >http://j.mp/12VNTD6
> >
> >And Bugzilla is probably the right place.
> >
> >I suspect that I saw similar comments already, about mysteriously
> >deleted templates, but I can't point to a particular reported bug, so
> >reporting it won't hurt.
>
> You correctly fixed the link.  I'll report it on Bugzilla.  It appears that
> along with breaking a template, an entire chunk of the article was
> copy/pasted
> to the bottom of the article.
>
> Thank you,
> Derric Atzrott
>
>
It would also be helpful to post it on the enwiki VE feedback page[1] so
that community members can monitor for other examples.  There are already
several bugzillas related to the <nowiki> tags, as well as to table
editing, so the community liaisons patrolling that page might be able to
quickly link the new bugzilla to existing ones.

Risker

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Feedback
_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l