Strategy Liaison for WALRUS / US affiliates community

Strategy Liaison for WALRUS / US affiliates community

Pharos-3
My fellow Wiki-Americans,

The WMF is seeking strategy liaisons both from individual affiliates and also from "regional collaboratives" (e.g. the Latin America and Eastern Europe meta-groups).

The WALRUS / US affiliates community is another important meta-group, and I thought it important that we be represented as well, as a legitimate part of the global community.

If people are ok with it, I would like to volunteer for this position, as I think I have some good connections with the different US chapters, usergroups, and informal meetups, and also have a pulse on the US community and its interests.

The deadline for picking liaisons is actually tomorrow, so would appreciate some feedback from fellow WALRUSes.  Also, note that all of the usergroups are entitled to designate a strategy liaison representing their individual group.

Thoughts, is it ok if I go ahead with this process?

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

Re: Strategy Liaison for WALRUS / US affiliates community

Megan Wacha
We're all behind you!

Megs
--
President, Wikimedia New York City

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:27 PM Sydney Poore <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Brian Choo
Yes, you'll do great!

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM Megan Wacha <[hidden email]> wrote:
We're all behind you!

Megs
[...]

Monika Sengul-Jones
I support your nomination Pharos!

Thanks for the update. Hope all are well, I haven’t been able to participate in the calls but am grateful for your notes and hard work. Take care
Monika

Sent from my mobile phone possibly using voice control, please pardon errors

On Mar 14, 2019, at 10:19 AM, Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

FULBERT-2
I think this is an excellent idea, Richard!

-----

With Incredulity toward Metanarratives,

Jeffrey
User:FULBERT
[hidden email]

On Mar 14, 2019, at 1:19 PM, Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Raymond Leonard
For my part, yes, you have my blessing.

User:Peaceray
Raymond F. Leonard Jr.