Quantcast

Student Learning with Wikipedia

Zach McDowell
Hi everyone,
I've been working with Wiki Education for the last nine months researching
student learning using Wikipedia based assignments. We have a ton of
amazing data that I'll be posting about shortly and releasing under an open
license (as well as a summary of some preliminary findings).

I've written a grant proposal for WMF to continue this research as we've
really only touched the tip of the iceberg here. Please check it out and if
you're interested I'd love your feedback (and your support).

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Learning_with_Wikipedia_Based_Assignments

best

Zach

--------------------
Zachary J. McDowell, PhD
University of Illinois at Chicago

Postdoctoral Fellow, National Center for Digital Government
Research Fellow, Wiki Education Foundation
Managing Editor, communication +1
www.zachmcdowell.com

Re: Student Learning with Wikipedia

Stuart A. Yeates
Do you have a link to the original spec for the 'Fall 2016 study' so we can
judge whether you've done what you've said you'd do so far?

cheers
stuart