Studies in Featured Articles.

Juliana Bastos Marques
Hi all! I've been looking for studies about editing dynamics of Featured Articles. Would anyone know about papers *in languages other than English* with this theme?

Thank you,
Juliana.

fn

Re: Studies in Featured Articles.

fn
Dear Julinana,

On 04/28/2014 03:59 AM, Juliana Bastos Marques wrote:

> Hi all! I've been looking for studies about editing dynamics of Featured
> Articles. Would anyone know about papers *in languages other than
> English* with this theme?

I have made an example query on Non-English Featured articles on Wikilit:

http://wikilit.referata.com/wiki/Help:Example_queries#Non-English_Featured_articles

It lists the following:

"Issues of cross-contextual information quality evaluation-the case of
Arabic, English, and Korean Wikipedias"

"Quality assessment process in Wikipedia's Vetrina: the role of the
community's policies and rules"

"Wikipedia - a quantitative analysis"

best
Finn Årup Nielsen
http://www.compute.dtu.dk/~faan/

Re: Studies in Featured Articles.

Juliana Bastos Marques
Thank you Felipe and Finn for your indications, they were very helpful.

I'm not sure, however, if I was clear in my request. I'd like to know about studies written in languages other than English, rather than about Wikipedias in other languages.

Thanks,
Juliana.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Finn Årup Nielsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Julinana,

On 04/28/2014 03:59 AM, Juliana Bastos Marques wrote:

Hi all! I've been looking for studies about editing dynamics of Featured
Articles. Would anyone know about papers *in languages other than
English* with this theme?

I have made an example query on Non-English Featured articles on Wikilit:

http://wikilit.referata.com/wiki/Help:Example_queries#Non-English_Featured_articles

It lists the following:

"Issues of cross-contextual information quality evaluation-the case of Arabic, English, and Korean Wikipedias"

"Quality assessment process in Wikipedia's Vetrina: the role of the community's policies and rules"

"Wikipedia - a quantitative analysis"

best
Finn Årup Nielsen
http://www.compute.dtu.dk/~faan/

www.domusaurea.org

Re: Studies in Featured Articles.

Jodi Schneider-3
Also in English (and one of my favorites):
Stein, Klaus, and Claudia Hess. "Does it matter who contributes: a study on Featured Articles in the German Wikipedia." Proceedings of the eighteenth conference on Hypertext and hypermedia. ACM, 2007.

Thus it appears that their German version might meet your requirements:
Stein, Klaus, and Claudia Hess. "Viele Autoren, gute Autoren? Eine Untersuchung ausgezeichneter Artikel in der deutschen Wikipedia." Web 2.0—Eine empirische Bestandsaufnahme. Vieweg+ Teubner, 2008. 107-129.