Subdomain Redirects to Top Level

Crossing Lost
I am trying to install Mediawiki to a subdomain. I am using the most recent
version 1.6. . .

When I attempt to access mediawiki from my subdomain
http://crossinglost.alt-realities.net/wiki, it reports a 404 Error because
it redirects back to my top level domain
http://www.alt-realities.net/wikiwhere there is no such directory or
file.

I have changed the $IP to '/var/www/crossinglost/wiki' which is the path as
given by my webhost.

Is there another configuration change that needs to be specified?

Re: Subdomain Redirects to Top Level

Anders Wegge Keller
"Crossing Lost" <[hidden email]> writes:

> I am trying to install Mediawiki to a subdomain. I am using the most recent
> version 1.6. . .
>
> When I attempt to access mediawiki from my subdomain
> http://crossinglost.alt-realities.net/wiki, it reports a 404 Error because
> it redirects back to my top level domain
> http://www.alt-realities.net/wikiwhere there is no such directory or
> file.
>
> I have changed the $IP to '/var/www/crossinglost/wiki' which is the path as
> given by my webhost.
>
> Is there another configuration change that needs to be specified?

 Your virtual host seem to have a misconfigured ServerName, or PHP
cannot figure it out. Add the following line to your LocalSettings.php

$wgServerName = 'crossinglost.alt-realities.net';

--
// Wegge

Min begrundelse for at betragte Arne Wilstrup som en paphat:
<http://wiki.wegge.dk/Usenet_personligheder>

Re: Subdomain Redirects to Top Level

Crossing Lost

> > Is there another configuration change that needs to be specified?
>
> Your virtual host seem to have a misconfigured ServerName, or PHP
> cannot figure it out. Add the following line to your LocalSettings.php
>
> $wgServerName = 'crossinglost.alt-realities.net';

Any particular place in LocalSettings.php that I should add it? Or will it
make a difference?

On 6/4/06, Crossing Lost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Is there another configuration change that needs to be specified?
> >
> > Your virtual host seem to have a misconfigured ServerName, or PHP
> > cannot figure it out. Add the following line to your LocalSettings.php
> >
> > $wgServerName = 'crossinglost.alt-realities.net';
>

> Any particular place in LocalSettings.php that I should add it? Or will it
> make a difference?

I added it where all the other $wg  variables are, but there was no change.
I am still being redirected to the top level domain.

Re: Subdomain Redirects to Top Level

Rotem Liss
Crossing Lost wrote:

> On 6/4/06, Crossing Lost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> Is there another configuration change that needs to be specified?
>>>
>>> Your virtual host seem to have a misconfigured ServerName, or PHP
>>> cannot figure it out. Add the following line to your LocalSettings.php
>>>
>>> $wgServerName = 'crossinglost.alt-realities.net';
>>>
>> Any particular place in LocalSettings.php that I should add it? Or will it
>> make a difference?
>>

> I added it where all the other $wg  variables are, but there was no change.
> I am still being redirected to the top level domain.

Try to configure $wgServer, which is like $wgServerName but with the
"http://".

However, I think this problem is caused by the server, because I'm not
redirected to anywhere, but just get 404 error. Create a folder in the
same place (e.g. wikib), place an HTML file in it, and try to access it.

--
#define Name RotemLiss
#define Mail mailSTRUDELrotemlissDOTcom