Sunday July 26 "Wiki Week" planning session

Sunday July 26 "Wiki Week" planning session

Pharos-3
Join our planning session for "Wiki Week", a concept for an online social alternative to Wikimania this year, so we can figure out format and date ideas:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wiki_Week_2020#Sunday_July_26_All-Affiliates_Reconvening_on_Wiki_Week_planning

You can RSVP there, and I'll also send you a direct calendar invite if wanted.

It's 3pm Eastern / 12pm Pacific on Sunday July 26.

The planning session will be on Google Meet:

https://meet.google.com/pea-jmoe-dcw

The project might be more or less ambitious, depending on how many people are interested, and on what we can schedule.

This would provide a partial alternative to Wikimania / WikiConference North America, and conceivably even apply aspects of the Wiknic.

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

Re: Sunday July 26 "Wiki Week" planning session

Pharos-3
We're meeting in 3 hours if anyone would like to join today.

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

Update:  After the call, we reconfigured to focus on a series of smaller events leading up to a global "Wiki Week" in January:  https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_20_Countdown

The first of these would be a virtual Wiknic, probably on a Sunday in mid-late August: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiknic

[...]

August virtual Wiknic idea

Pharos-3
We are looking at August 9 or 16, or a later Sunday, as potential dates for an August virtual WALRUS Wiknic.

Let me know if folks have preferences for dates or ideas about content of the virtual Wiknic.

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)