Support wiki

David Morais

My name is David, I installed the wiki little time in the company. But I'm sure to add images. I add and they do appear, they get an "x" ... however appear to address them. How do I make them appear? Another question: How to edit the left of the page? eg tools, removing pages especias to non-users, etc.. I hope your help, thank you!

Re: Support wiki

Amir E. Aharoni
2012/6/1 David Morais <[hidden email]>
> My name is David, I installed the wiki little time in the company. But I'm
> sure to add images. I add and they do appear, they get an "x" ... however
> appear to address them. How do I make them appear?

Eu não entendi a pergunta, mas você pode tentar escrevê-la em Português.
I didn't understand the question, but you can try writing it in Portuguese.

> Another question: How to
> edit the left of the page? eg tools, removing pages especias to non-users,
> etc.. I hope your help, thank you!

See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Interface/Sidebar .

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore

Re: Support wiki

David Morais

Meu nome é David, eu instalei a pouco o tempo wiki na empresa. Mas não consigo adicionar imagens, sempre q adiciono uma, ela aparece com um "x" ... Como faço para elas aparecerem? Outra pergunta: Como editar a barra esquerda da página? ferramentas, por exemplo, a remoção de páginas especias para não-usuários, etc. Espero sua ajuda, obrigado!

Re: Support wiki

Stip
Am 01.06.2012 15:26, schrieb David Morais:
> My name is David, I installed the wiki little time in the company. But I'm sure to add images. I add and they do appear, they get an "x" ... however appear to address them. How do I make them appear?
I dont quite understand the question either, but maybe this page will help:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuring_file_uploads

Re: Support wiki

Amir E. Aharoni
2012/6/1 Stip <[hidden email]>:
> Am 01.06.2012 15:26, schrieb David Morais:
>
>> My name is David, I installed the wiki little time in the company. But I'm
>> sure to add images. I add and they do appear, they get an "x" ... however
>> appear to address them. How do I make them appear?
>
> I dont quite understand the question either, but maybe this page will help:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuring_file_uploads

Basically, the images don't appear.

I replied privately, suggesting to check the server log and the
permissions on the directory. This link should be useful, too.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

Re: Delete user?

WJhonson

I run my own wiki using the mediawiki software.  I have the latest version (as far as I know).
I have often blocked users, but now I see one of the special pages is to "View Deleted User Contributions"

It's blank because I never knew before that I could "delete" a user.  I've just been blocking users.
I have hundreds of accounts that were created, but they never setup a user page or made any useful contribution.
I'd like to delete those accounts to clean up my space.

How do I delete a user?  Or alternately an account?

Re: Delete user?

Jeremy Baron
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Wjhonson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I run my own wiki using the mediawiki software.  I have the latest version (as far as I know).
> I have often blocked users, but now I see one of the special pages is to "View Deleted User Contributions"

MediaWiki segregates user contributions depending on whether or not
they are currently deleted. View Deleted User Contributions means View
Deleted *Contributions*.

User deletion is not supported out of the box and is generally discouraged.

-Jeremy

Re: Delete user?

WJhonson
So you're saying there is an extension to add delete user ?

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Wjhonson <[hidden email]> wrote:
 I run my own wiki using the mediawiki software.  I have the latest version (as
ar as I know).
 I have often blocked users, but now I see one of the special pages is to "View
eleted User Contributions"
MediaWiki segregates user contributions depending on whether or not
hey are currently deleted. View Deleted User Contributions means View
eleted *Contributions*.
User deletion is not supported out of the box and is generally discouraged.
-Jeremy

Re: Delete user?

WJhonson

Ahhh
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:User_Merge_and_Delete

So I can merge the hundreds of poopey users into PoopeyUser ?

So you're saying there is an extension to add delete user ?

o: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list <[hidden email]>
ent: Tue, Jun 5, 2012 12:55 pm
ubject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Delete user?

n Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Wjhonson <[hidden email]> wrote:
I run my own wiki using the mediawiki software.  I have the latest version (as
r as I know).
I have often blocked users, but now I see one of the special pages is to "View
leted User Contributions"
ediaWiki segregates user contributions depending on whether or not
ey are currently deleted. View Deleted User Contributions means View
leted *Contributions*.
ser deletion is not supported out of the box and is generally discouraged.
Jeremy

Re: Delete user?

Helmut Hullen
Hallo, Wjhonson,

Du meintest am 05.06.12:

> User deletion is not supported out of the box and is generally
> discouraged.

> So you're saying there is an extension to add delete user ?

I had used "phpMyAdmin" for that purpose (and I had a backup ...).

I had to delete more than 500 spammer users.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut

Re: Delete user?

Stip
Yes, you can. I use that extension, too.

But blocking Spammers from creating accounts is even better, see
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmEdit

and use QuestyCaptcha.

Am 05.06.2012 22:03, schrieb Wjhonson:
> Ahhh
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:User_Merge_and_Delete
>
> So I can merge the hundreds of poopey users into PoopeyUser ?

Re: Delete user?

WJhonson
I had already made it a private wiki by simply denying permission for any but admin to create pages.
So all the spammers could still do was create accounts.  I didn't even realize that was a special permission.